Who should attend
This interactive workshop is ideal for any marketer or content manager, writing for B2B or critically appraising the writing of in-house colleagues or agency staff. Those with some copywriting experience looking to improve skills will benefit most.
About the course
Business-to-business (B2B) copy and content writing require a different skillset from business-to-consumer. This highly interactive workshop shows you how to develop an effective writing style for B2B and how to engage with your different reader audiences in the different media for which you write. You will leave the course with a set of writing tools, methods and approaches that you can apply immediately.
- What makes good B2B copy and content writing
- What matters for B2B print formats, content marketing and digital channels
- How readers read, online and off, and how this affects the copy you write
- How to segment target audiences and create avatars/personas
- How to develop the headline and subject
- Writing your copy in an appropriate tone of voice
- Improving first drafts – what matters for editing
- Reviewing and adapting source material for different offline and online media
- Understanding, querying and/or writing your brief
- What matters for layout and messaging, online and offline, collaborating with web and print designers
- How to write for B2B across content marketing, advertising, brand/product marketing and marketing comms
Phil Woodford is a former advertising creative director and practising copywriter, who has a wealth of experience of working with clients across a range of sectors. He lectures at University of the Arts London and Sup de Pub – the advertising and marketing faculty of French business school Groupe...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.