Who should attend
This course is designed for managers, supervisors, operations managers, plant managers, and plant engineers with new responsibilities or new managers and those ready to move into a management role.
About the course
The Automated Systems and Control course identifies common methods of industrial automation. It describes the available technologies and explains how they are applied in manufacturing.
What You Will Learn
- The reasons manufacturers use robots
- The basic capabilities of robots
- Spot welding, arc welding, material handling, and machine tending robots
- Fabrication and processing robots
- Inspection robots
How You Will Benefit
- Understand the available technologies.
- Explain how the available technologies are applied in manufacturing.
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of using robots.
- Distinguish between spraying robots and assembly robots.
Timothy Israel is group manager for Lean Enterprise and Quality Services at the Georgia Institute of Technology Enterprise Innovation Institute. He and his 15-person staff work with companies and organizations to reduce waste and improve manufacturing operations by implementing continuous improve...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.