Who should attend
- General managers
- Assistant general managers
- Senior operational leaders
- Senior hotel managers
- Aspiring senior leaders
About the course
In this course, you will examine the analytical tools asset managers use to perform critical analyses. You will conduct both a competitive analysis and a SWOT analysis on your property. You will explore benchmarking practices and financial analyses to identify deviations from expected performance. You will also examine best practices for projecting capital expenditures and performing a highest and best use analysis. You will leave this course with an array of helpful techniques that will enable you to provide the data and analysis that asset managers need to perform their jobs effectively.
Participants who complete this course will be able to...
- Perform a SWOT analysis (strength, weaknesses, opportunities, threats) for a particular asset that examines relevant factors, such as location, amenities, and demand generators
- Explore the characteristics of successful value enhancement projects and create your own value enhancement proposal for an asset
- Utilize tools to assess operational and financial performance and monitor ongoing activities to help maximize the value of the property
Jan A. deRoos is the HVS Professor of Hotel Finance and Real Estate at the Cornell SC Johnson College of Business. He has devoted his career to teaching and research related to hospitality real estate, with a focus on the valuation, financing, development, and control of lodging, timeshare, and r...
Jeanne Varney is a lecturer at the Cornell School of Hotel Administration. She resides in the property development and management department, where she is responsible for the curriculum in Hospitality Facilities Management, Hospitality Asset Management, Sustainable Development, and Introduction t...
Read more about Business Analytics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.