Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
This women’s assertiveness training programme is designed for female business professionals who want to strengthen their assertiveness techniques, alleviate weaknesses, and improve their communication skills as they relate to being assertive in business.
About the course
Assertiveness techniques, when used effectively, can make almost every aspect of your job and life better—but knowing which tools and techniques to use, and how and when to use them, is critical. MCE's “Assertiveness Training for Women” addresses the unique challenges women face in business and how the effective use of assertiveness techniques is essential for survival and advancement. With these skills, you can increase the likelihood that you will send the right signals and get the right responses. They can help you command respect while being respectful, and handle almost any situation you’re likely to encounter without seeming overbearing.
MCE's “Assertiveness Training for Women” gives you the opportunity to practice fundamental assertiveness skills and to share your concerns with other women in a supportive and encouraging learning environment. You’ll assess your leadership style and then apply the new skills and tools you learn directly to one of your own challenges, receive feedback, and refine your skills through videotaped practice. Return to work with a complete and flexible plan for achieving the kind of assertiveness your position demands.
How will you benefit?
- Recognize the characteristics of the four assertiveness styles
- Assess your individual assertiveness style and its effectiveness
- Demonstrate assertiveness techniques using supportive communication behaviors
- Develop an action plan to overcome at least two personal obstacles to assertiveness
- Learn how to capitalize on the strengths of your leadership style—and minimize weaknesses
- Flex your leadership style preference to interact most effectively and assertively with others
- Incorporate assertiveness techniques into everyday practices
What will you learn and practice?
Foundations of Assertiveness
- Distinguishing between passive, assertive, and aggressive behaviors
- Discussing how socialization affects your behavior in the business environment
- Identifying personal work situations and obstacles that challenge assertive behavior
Assessing Your Assertiveness
- Identifying your assertiveness style preferences
- Assessing and identifying strengths and weaknesses of your assertiveness style
- Knowing how value systems impact your assertiveness
- Identifying ways to reduce role conflict
Getting Comfortable in Your Own Skin
- Exploring the assertive components of becoming comfortable in your own S.K.I.N. (Support self-esteem; Know self; Initiate dialogue; Negate negative self-talk)
Assertive Communications Skills
- Understanding the three components of communication and factors that influence their impact
- Differentiating the verbal and nonverbal communication styles of men and women
- Applying active and reflective listening skills to build assertiveness techniques
- Listening and responding assertively to feedback and criticism
Assertiveness Techniques and Practices
- Demonstrating a five-step model to express assertive language
- Exploring four special assertive techniques: broken record, fogging, negative assertion, and negative inquiry
- Saying “no” and surviving
- Responding to common put-down statements
- Videotaping practice sessions
Assertive Case Study Workshop
- Reviewing the uses of strategic tools, models and techniques
- Applying assertiveness techniques to analyze and plan around your own must-solve situations
- Receiving feedback on your plan for addressing your must-solve situations
Assertiveness and Leading
- Assessing leadership styles
- Understanding five dimensions of centered leadership
- Identifying new ways to use assertive leadership in your personal and professional life
Leading a Balanced Life
- Techniques for dealing with anger
- Preventing and coping with stress
- Applying a four-step model to improve personal level of work and life balance
- Discussing the nature and value of women support networks and resources
- Planning for continuing assertiveness growth
Videos and materials
Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.