About the course
Artificial intelligence (AI) has transformed industries around the world, and has the potential to radically alter the field of healthcare. Imagine being able to analyze data on patient visits to the clinic, medications prescribed, lab tests, and procedures performed, as well as data outside the health system -- such as social media, purchases made using credit cards, census records, Internet search activity logs that contain valuable health information, and you’ll get a sense of how AI could transform patient care and diagnoses.
In this specialization, we'll discuss the current and future applications of AI in healthcare with the goal of learning to bring AI technologies into the clinic safely and ethically.
This specialization is designed for both healthcare providers and computer science professionals, offering insights to facilitate collaboration between the disciplines.
You Will Learn
- Identify problems healthcare providers face that machine learning can solve
- Analyze how AI affects patient care safety, quality, and research
- Relate AI to the science, practice, and business of medicine
- Apply the building blocks of AI to help you innovate and understand emerging technologies
- Introduction to Healthcare
- Introduction to Clinical Data
- Fundamentals of Machine Learning for Healthcare
- Evaluations of AI Applications in Healthcare
- AI in Healthcare Capstone
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.