Who should attend
The Around the World International Development is designed to provide the guidance and support for you to accomplish:
- Implementing a new policy or technology in a certain region
- Consolidating your travel program into a global program
- Assuming new global responsibilities
- Enhancing your international communication
- Establishing relationships with local vendors
- Learning business practices of a certain region first-hand
- Strengthening your connections with international colleagues
- Elevating your industry knowledge
About the course
Enhance your skills and knowledge through the Around the World International Development Programme--a one-of-a kind, immersion learning opportunity that has no counterpart in the business travel industry or in many other industries. Think of it as executive corporate travel education that introduces regional business know-how through in-depth dialogue and interaction with regional leaders. Travel professionals gain an understanding of the local business culture and behaviors and comprehend regional corporate travel practices, technology and processes through a week-long agenda led by industry veterans, fully scheduled meetings and visits each day to supplier facilities and corporate travel departments. The Around the World International Development Programm experience uniquely delivers the business intelligence, regional insights and necessary contacts to elevate your travel programme and the value you bring to your organization.
The International Development Programme is an immersive, transformative program that engages participants in the travel processes and practices during each week-long visit to a key city in a region—New York, Sao Paulo, Delhi and Shanghai. Learning occurs through collaborative meetings with ACTE partners--leading business travel organizations -- and may include: site visits to partner airlines, industry updates from a payment solution provider, dialogue with key corporate buyers, regional process/practice overview provided by travel management company (TMC), hotel sector updates, appointment with regional ground transportation vendor and insights on technology usage including self-booking tools, risk management tools, travel apps and expense systems
What is Included?
- Hotel nights (minimum 4 star) and tax for six nights with Wi-Fi
- Daily breakfast
- Transport to/from airport, hotel, and scheduled appointments
- All events/meetings and ACTE staff leadership through the week
What is the Schedule Like?
Sample itinerary below reflects itinerary followed for the ATW prgramme in Sao Paulo in 2017
Day One (Sunday)
- Arrive in destination city
- Check in to ATW hotel
- Economic, industry, and cultural briefings
- Regional industry update from the perspective of a global airline
- Industry update from GDS
- Industry update from OBT
- Industry update from the perspective of a regional airline
- Industry update from ride-sharing provider
- Industry update from a regional travel technology provider
- Industry update from a global TMC
- Industry update from large regional TMC
- Industry update from a payment data provider
- Industry update from a ground transportation provider
- Trave; Buyers Roundtable with key corporate travel managers in local community
- Industry update fromrisk management provider
- Check out of hotel
- Travel to home city
Read more about Transportation and Logistics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.