Nanyang Technological University Center for Continuing Education
Applied HAZOP for Engineers
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Nanyang Technological University Center for Continuing Education.Full disclaimer.
About the course
This course is designed to cover the essential elements for all safety, operations, engineering and managerial personnel with the responsibility for carrying out and participating in HAZOPS. It identifies potentially hazardous failures in a systematic, thorough and creative way using guidewords to determine what can go wrong outside the design envelope.
- Participants will learn how to plan, prepare and facilitate a HAZOPS. This is essential for those participants looking to conduct or take lead roles in HAZOPS.
- Participants will also learn how to follow up and report the findings of the HAZOPS and how to delegate responsibility effectively.
- Understand the relationship between HAZOPS and the other elements of a Safety Management System
- HAZOPS methodology
- Differences between HAZOPS and other reviews, including design reviews
- Understand the steps that must be taken to prepare, conduct, report and follow-up on a HAZOPS
- Common errors committed by inexperienced HAZOPS leaders
- Developing good HAZOPS facilitating skills
- Interactive HAZOPS Workshop practice
Who should attend
Staff who have the following responsibility within the organisation:
- Process engineering design
- Health, safety and environment management
- Project engineering management
- Insurance surveyor
- Loss prevention specialist
- Process control and instrumentation
- Daily plant operation
Trust the experts
Cheong Meng Thia
Thia Cheong Meng, Risk Consultant, has over 30 years of working experience in the petrochemical industry. He has worked for several major companies in engineering and operation covering management of poison chemicals as poison license holder of the company; design, construction, commissioning and...