About the course
Financial Management – a core ingredient for every organization
Managing finances is fundamental to any organization and Thunderbird’s online course in Applied Financial Management will give you the foundation you need. Immerse yourself in the fundamental concepts and current issues of finance to understand and develop the tools to make global corporate financial decisions.
- Learn proven tactics for extracting information from financial statements to analyze the operating, investing, and financing activities of a company.
- Discover effective strategies to manage a firm’s working capital.
- Apply various valuation techniques to value securities and capital projects.
- Understand the fundamental pieces of information needed to make a valuable, beneficial investment decisions.
- Perform a working capital analysis to identify a firm’s areas of strengths and weaknesses and make recommendations for improvement.
- Learn proven methods to evaluate financial statements to direct business toward growth and international expansion.
- Understand the fundamentals of a complete credit analysis and define the “five C’s” of credit.
- Recognize the importance of time value of money and how to apply present value concepts to a variety of business circumstances.
- Discover ways to estimate net cash flows in order to rank prospective investing projects and determine which will provide the greatest return.
- Realize the importance and usefulness of a thorough financial analysis to a global manager and company stakeholders.
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.