Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This course is intended for program and project management professionals seeking their FAC-P/PM mid-level certification.
About the course
Today’s Federal environment requires agencies to be capable of handling challenges, shifting priorities, and public demand to deliver high-quality results. A foundation in the requirements development process sets the stage for furthering your skills in decision analysis methods and technical assessments—all in support of systems management. You will apply what you learn by participating in hands-on, experiential exercises. This course is verified to meet the requirements for the Federal Acquisition Certification for Program and Project Managers (FAC-P/PM) at the Mid-Level.
- Illustrate the federal acquisition process and the key planning documentation used by program managers
- Analyze the role of the program manager in developing and managing requirements
- Discuss key technical management processes and tools used in systems engineering
- Evaluate the importance of the test and evaluation (T&E) process in acquisition decisions
- Discuss the application of Total Lifecycle Systems Management (TLCSM)
- Create an on-the-job (OTJ) action plan
Federal Acquisition Overview
- Federal Acquisition Process
- Key Regulations and Policies
- Acquisition Strategy
- Acquisition Plan (AP)
- Integrated Project Team (IPT)
- Communication Methods
Requirements Development and Program Management
- Requirements Overview
- Requirements Planning and Gathering
- Requirements Management
- Prioritizing Requirements
- Program Costs
- Risk Management
- Integrated Master Plan (IMP) and Integrated Master Schedule (IMS)
- Why Do Projects Fail?
- What Is Systems Engineering?
- Life Cycles
- Roles and Responsibilities of the Systems Engineer (SE)
- Product Development Methods
- Requirements and Program Success Criteria
- Technical Management Processes
- Decision Analysis
- Technical Performance Management
- Design Considerations
- Technical Engineering Specialties
- Risk Management in Systems Engineering
Test and Evaluation (T&E)
- Product Life Cycle
- Customer Review
- Developmental Test and Evaluation (DT&E) and Operational Test and Evaluation (OT&E)
- Layers for Analysis and Testing
- T&E Strategy
- Implementing Total Lifecycle Systems Management (TLCSM)
- Lifecycle Planning
- Product Support
- Creating Change
Putting It All Together
- Lesson Overview
- Exercise: Apply Government and Agency Policies
- Exercise: Determine the Systems Development Approach
- Exercise: Develop and Manage Requirements
- Exercise: Manage Change
- Exercise: Develop Product Support Requirements
- Exercise: What Did I Learn?
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.