This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
The Applications for Robots course will cover the most common applications of industrial robots from spot welding to material handling and assembly. You'll walk away with the knowledge of why manufacturers use robots and their basic capabilities so you can implement them in your own organization.
What You Will Learn
- The reasons manufacturers use robots
- The advantages and disadvantages of using robots
- The basic capabilities of robots
- Spot welding, arc welding, material handling, and machine tending robots
- Inspection robots
How You Will Benefit
- Understand the most common applications of industrial robots.
- Distinguish between spraying robots and assembly robots.
- Describe fabrication and processing robots.
WHY USE INDUSTRIAL ROBOTS?
THE PROS AND CONS OF USING ROBOTS
Who should attend
This course is designed for managers, supervisors, operations managers, plant managers, and plant engineers with new responsibilities or new managers and those ready to move into a management role.
Trust the experts
Timothy Israel is group manager for Lean Enterprise and Quality Services at the Georgia Institute of Technology Enterprise Innovation Institute. He and his 15-person staff work with companies and organizations to reduce waste and improve manufacturing operations by implementing continuous improve...