Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Georgia Tech Professional Education.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Take the next step toward earning your Certified in Logistics, Transportation and Distribution (CLTD) certification! Designed to cover key learning points of the APICS CLTD Learning System, this accelerated boot camp will help you master the essential knowledge to meet today’s supply chain logistics challenges and prepare for the exam. The CLTD designation was created by APICS and a team of subject matter experts and sets the global standard for best practices in logistics, transportation, and distribution. There will be limited seating for this boot camp.
What You Will Learn
- The elements of logistics to design and administer systems to control the movement and positioning of material and information flows to satisfy customer requirements at the lowest total cost
- The processes, best practices, and tools used by today’s logistics managers
- The actions necessary to address logistics opportunities
How You Will Benefit
- Master the essential knowledge needed for the logistics, transportation, and distribution industry.
- Bring new ideas to your organization.
- Remain current with global logistics trends and developments.
- Boost your confidence with recognition as a logistics expert.
- Reduce costs and impact your organization’s bottom line.
- Learn to communicate more effectively with others across your extended supply chain.
LOGISTICS AND SUPPLY CHAIN OVERVIEW
- Overview of macro and micro logistics processes and systems defining material and information flows
- How to achieve consistent customer service at the lowest total cost
- How to illustrate logistics cross-functional relationships with marketing, finance, and manufacturing
CAPACITY PLANNING AND DEMAND MANAGEMENT
- Strategic and operational considerations and important trade-offs related to logistics, procurement, manufacturing, and customer relationship management
- Resource-alignment and organizational forecasts development
- Related concepts of order management and customer service
- How to define and measure logistics customer service outputs
INVENTORY AND WAREHOUSE MANAGEMENT
- Methods and techniques firms use to control, manage, and store inventory
- Economic and service benefits warehousing delivers
- Warehouse types and operating characteristics
- Major principles and processes of transportation management
- Fundamental mode roles, capabilities, and responsibilities
GLOBAL LOGISTICS CONSIDERATIONS
- How to navigate today’s more complex supply chains from a total cost perspective
- Transportation modal analysis, security considerations, and regulations
LOGISTICS NETWORK DESIGN
- How transportation and inventory economics impact network design considerations
- Introduction to modeling tools and techniques
- The processes, resources, and tools for managing risk
REVERSE LOGISTICS CONSIDERATIONS
- A look at the expanded view of reverse supply chain flows and sustainability
- Logistics social responsibility and the triple bottom line
Who should attend
This boot camp is designed for those planning to take the APCIS CLTD certification exam. Logistics professionals and people planning and managing global logistics across all industries, especially logistics managers/engineers, supply chain managers, traffic managers, transportation/fleet managers, warehouse operations/distribution managers, reverse logistics managers, and supply chain/operations consultants, will also benefit.
Trust the experts
Mr. Brown has over 30 years of experience in supply chain management operations and services as an operations manager, consultant, educator, and executive recruiter. Tim was appointed as Managing Director in the Georgia Tech Supply Chain & Logistics Institute (SCL). SCL is a unit of Georgia ...