Analytics for Strategic Management
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with BI Norwegian Business School.Full disclaimer.
Business digitalization is changing the content and process of strategic analysis. While classical “big picture” analysis skills remain relevant, more executives now need to understand advanced forms of data analytics to articulate and evaluate strategies.
While data science and analytics professionals typically come from either computer science or statistics, and have years of technical training, strategic decision-makers are typically trained and experienced in business management. As strategy-making grows increasingly dependent on analytics, organizational capacity to bridge the distance between decision-makers and data scientists becomes essential.
Analytics for Strategic Management aims to create professionals who can bridge this gap, and become sophisticated data consumers. Through lectures, workshops and real-world cases, you will learn analytics’ foundational concepts and how to apply those to strategic management.
This master programme is 30 credits. The programme is taught over the course of one year and consists of five modules. The modules are three-five days each. The five modules are taught at BI's facilities. There will also be webinars between each module.
- Competitive Advantage through Data: This module begins with an overview of contemporary strategy perspectives, and explores how data collection has changed in the past few years and how this has the potential to affect business strategy and decision-making.
- Analytics Concepts and Processes for Strategic Management: This module introduces analytics as a scientific process involving problem specification, modeling, data collection, analysis, and summary.
- Implementing Analytics for Strategic Management: This is is the first of two more technical modules. It will formalize module 2's concepts and implement and visualize them by using the Python programming language.
- Summarizing Data driven recommendations: You will learn how to use Data Visualization to communicate analytics projects and strategy implications.
- Workshop on Implementing Analytics: This module integrates the earlier modules as a workshop in which you apply analytics process and procedures to your term projects. You will present in class and work in teams, together with faculty, to refine your strategic management projects.