Who should attend
This program benefits those in a senior management or executive role responsible for supply chain oversight. Titles of participants have included:
- Director, US Supply Chain
- Vice President, Global Supply Chain
- Senior Vice President of Operations
- Senior Manager of Inbound Logistics & Carrier Performance
- Senior Supply Chain Research Analyst
- Logistics Management Specialist
- Manager of Customer Satisfaction
- Logistics Services Providers (attend with your customers to improve organizational alignment and business relationships!)
About the course
Your complex supply chain relies on alignment in three critical areas to facilitate success: 1) between the supply chain and strategic objectives, 2) between function and process areas within the supply chain, and 3) between the organization and its suppliers and partners. Learn how to coordinate initiatives so that your enterprise functions seamlessly in service of the ultimate judge—your customers.
Improve your ability to:
- Execute better supply chain performance through meaningful use of shared information and proven collaborative methodologies like CPFR, S&OP, and IBP/IBM
- Collaborate for increased profits, reduced costs, and improved visibility
- Smooth fluctuations in demand and synchronize supply and demand
- Enhance customer service, reduce stock outs, and improve product line ROIs
- Access, analyze, and understand disparate data sources and emerging trends in product management
Alignment and Synchronization with Supply Chain Partners
- Managing supply chains in the 21st century
- Building and maintaining trust in a business partnership
- Leveraging people, processes and technology for supply chain success
- Change management mandates for an organization
- Collaborative Planning, Forecasting and Replenishment (CPFR)
- Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) and implementation priorities
- Integrated Business Planning (IBP) and Integrated Business Management (IBM)
- Concept of Consensus Forecasting
- Coordinated demand and supply planning
Integrating Internal & External Collaboration
- Practical insights from industry leaders
- Industry case study to understand trading partner collaboration
Challenges of Supply Chain Alignment
- Identifying and understanding key issues and challenges relating to supply chain collaboration and alignment
- Revisiting challenges of Supply Chain Alignment to assess progress made toward insight and resolution
- Benchmarking your firm's alignment for integrated business performance
This program awards 1.5 CEUs. Penn State Continuing Education Units (CEUs) are available based on a standard of one unit per ten hours of classroom instruction.
Steve Tracey is the current executive director for both the Center for Supply Chain Research (CSCR) and Penn State Executive Programs, and a Professor of Practice for the Supply Chain and Information Systems Department within the Smeal College of Business. For almost three decades CSCR has succ...
Supply Chain and Information Systems Group Faculty Penn State Dr. Langley is a former President of the Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals, and a recipient of the Council's Distinguished Service Award. In 2007 he was recognized by the American Society of Transportation and Logistic...
Vice President, Supply Chain Planning & Analytics Lbrands David Kaduke currently has strategic, tactical and operational responsibilities in support of the flow finished goods and production components from supplier to customer. He has spent his thirty-five year career in supply chain manage...
Senior Vice President, Industry Engagement GS1 US Siobhan O'Bara is an accomplished leader with over 20 years' experience in supply chain, logistics, and operations management. She is responsible for building long-term industry relationships and serves as lead ambassador to several industry sect...
Videos and materials
Read more about General Management Programs
Read more about Transportation and Logistics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.