Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
If you are a Project Manager interested in applying agile approaches in your current projects, this programme is right for you. The programme is also suitable to Business People, Members of Project Boards and/or Project Management Organizations looking for Agile tools and principles.
About the course
Learn to integrate Agile practices into Project Management today.
Agile offers new possibilities to improve the results of your projects, resulting in fast delivery and happy customers. But it also creates challenges in organizations that require governance and standards.
Agile Project Management offers both this needed stability while maintaining the speed and motivation agility offers.
Attend this intensive 2-day agile project management training focused on practical learning, designed and facilitated by business people that understand your challenges and will guide you to find effective solutions.
Your immediate takeaway:
- Learn how Agile offers new possibilities to deliver projects successfully
- Understand the potential of Agile for you project and organization
- Discover the different frameworks.
- Get hands-on exercises that will help you in implementing Agility in your organization
- Learn to balance the scope, budget and resources of projects to deliver always on time
- Find out how to focus on delivering the best value for your customer when juggling different priorities and creating valuable user stories
This agile project management training is very hands-on and interactive with a minimum of theory needed to understand the exercises. Learning by doing is the intention of these sessions.
You will be able to understand the impact of Agile on projects and your teams, internal or external. Communication to your stakeholders in a more transparent way is also an important part of the training.
You will leave with a concrete plan how to start the agile transformation of your team, your project, organization and yourself.
How will you benefit?
After participating in this programme, you will grow your Agile Project Management competencies and be able to:
- Balance resources, budget, scope, quality and risks
- Become a self servant leader and organise retrospectives
- Create “User Stories” and manage priorities
- Set-up and manage an Agile Project Plan
- Learn how to agree with your suppliers on an Agile approach
- Effectively communicate with information radiators
- Assess if you project or organization is suitable for Agile
- Create a list of actions to transform into an Agile PM
- Learn to integrate Agile in your current PM methods/processes
During the programme you will:
- Network and learn with a diverse group of peers from different industries and countries in an international environment
- Develop a personal action plan to implement back at work
- Learn and practise new skills using real-business-world examples and exercises over 2 interactive days
What will you learn and practice?
Agile Project Management is a 2-day hands-on training programme, highly interactive with exercises and role plays. The programme will be led by an experienced facilitator with former management experience in international companies.
Agile Project Management Course Outline:
- What is Agile? Why Agile?
- Agile Manifesto: Values and Principles
- Agile and Waterfall projects
- Agile assessment
- Integrating Agile in Project Management processes
- Scope management, user stories and product backlog
- Agile Planning: Business case
- Cost management and estimations
- Delivering on time
- Agile quality and risk management
- The Agile Team: Changing roles and values
- Communication through information radiators
- Agile contracts
- Agile Transformation: Creating an action list
- Agile frameworks overview
- Implementing Agile: Pitfalls
- Closing: Create a concrete Agile plan
Andreas Benkowitz brings fifteen years of international corporate experience with Microsoft and ten years of consultancy and training in a variety of industries. Andreas helps senior managers and their teams to initiate and implement required transformations. Throughout his career, Andreas specia...
George Merguerian is an expert in project, programme and portfolio practices. Since 2002 he has been helping companies achieve excellence in the above fields through consulting training and coaching. George is Project Management Professional accredited by the Project Management Institute. Throug...
Hans has built his expertise over the past 30 years leading organisations in Europe, Asia and Latin America in various industries. He has managed organisations in different stages of the lifecycle as CEO, General Manager or Managing Director. Accomplished International Senior Executive with focus...
Michael Heuser brings to MCE twenty years of senior executive experience in the Airline industry and the ICT sector. He is recognised a leading expert in HR Business Partner Concepts, Corporate Academies / Universities as well as in the design and implementation of career systems for management, ...
Videos and materials
Read more about Project management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.