Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Center for Technology and Management Education.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Modern organizations are searching for lean and agile approaches for meeting changing customer needs and expectations, and for efficiently producing high-quality products, services, and solutions. The need to be agile and cost-effective is intensified by growing global competition, continuous innovation in technology, and incredibly short time-to-market requirements. Like any change, the transition to agile is hard and requires not only organizational and personal commitment but also people with knowledge and experience in agile methods.
This 5-day program provides agile tools and techniques for effectively and efficiently planning and managing knowledge-based projects. The focus is on agile, Scrum, and Kanban methodologies, and on how to apply them to both software and non-software projects. Participants will learn how to help teams respond to unpredictability through incremental, iterative work cadences and empirical feedback.
Participants will learn how to:
- Describe agile project management processes
- Explain the key differences between agile and traditional project management
- Identify project management scenarios well-suited for application of agile and lean methods
- Differentiate between agile frameworks such as Scrum, Extreme Programming (XP), and Lean, and select the most appropriate for a project
- Apply the Scrum and Kanban methods
- Effectively manage changing customer requirements
- Lead agile project planning and estimating activities
- Track agile project progress
- Improve agile processes continuously during the project
- Implement the Project Close process
- Agile Methodologies and Practices
- Agile Estimating and Requirements Gathering Procedures
- Agile Design and Testing Procedures
- Agile Release and Iteration Planning Strategies
- Agile and Scrum Methodologies and Practices
- Agile Leadership Styles for Agile Projects
- Scaling Agile for Large Agile Projects
- Agile Implementation Strategies
Who should attend
This program is for professionals seeking to optimize business performance in high-tech companies. Applications include business intelligence, data mining/warehousing, service delivery, product development, marketing, and process mprovement.
Trust the experts
Nathaniel Crews, MBA, PMP, has over 35 year of experience as an application developer, systems integrator, project manager, program manager, PMO director, scrum master and agile coach. He has managed over 30 projects, ranging from small projects to enterprise programs in aerospace, automotive, fi...