Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This program is for professionals seeking to optimize business performance in high-tech companies. Applications include business intelligence, data mining/warehousing, service delivery, product development, marketing, and process improvement.
About the course
This five-day program provides agile tools and techniques for effectively and efficiently planning and managing knowledge-based projects. This is the toolset you need to meet changing customer needs and expectations, and to efficiently produce high-quality products, services, and solutions.
In a time of growing global competition, continuous innovation in technology, and incredibly short time-to-market requirements, the demand for agile and cost-effective project management has never been higher. Applications include business intelligence, data mining and warehousing, service delivery, product development, marketing, and process improvement.
The course focuses on agile, Scrum, and Kanban methodologies, as well as how to apply them to projects both within and outside the realm of software design. Participants will learn how to help teams respond to unpredictable circumstances through incremental, iterative work cadences and empirical feedback.
You will learn how to:
- Identify project management scenarios well-suited for application of agile and lean methods
- Differentiate between agile frameworks such as Scrum, Extreme Programming (XP), and Lean, and select the most appropriate for a project
- Apply the Scrum and Kanban methods
- Effectively manage changing customer requirements
- Lead agile project planning and estimating activities
- Track agile project progress
- Improve agile processes continuously during the project
- Implement the Project Close process
- Agile Methodologies and Practices
- Agile Estimating and Requirements Gathering Procedures
- Agile Design and Testing Procedures
- Agile Release and Iteration Planning Strategies
- Agile and Scrum Methodologies and Practices
- Agile Leadership Styles for Agile Projects
- Scaling Agile for Large Agile Projects
- Agile Implementation Strategies
Nathaniel Crews, MBA, PMP, has over 35 year of experience as an application developer, systems integrator, project manager, program manager, PMO director, scrum master and agile coach. He has managed over 30 projects, ranging from small projects to enterprise programs in aerospace, automotive, fi...
Eugene Lai is an innovator in Information Technology and process engineering with over 20 years of experience in leading DevOps teams. He has served as Lead Software Engineer, Chief Scrum Master, Chief Product Owner, Principle Program Manager, Technical Consultant and Agile Coach/Trainer. Mr. Lai...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.