About the course
Agile is a method of project management characterized by the division of tasks into short phases of work and frequent reassessment and adaptation of plans. Agile project methodology breaks down projects into small pieces that are completed in work sessions that run from the design phase to testing and quality assurance. It is used especially in software development.
This self-paced, online program provides an intermediate level understanding of Agile and its processes. It is designed to prepare learners for the Project Management Institute's Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)® exam. The program begins with Agile Basics and Agile Applications before continuing on to cover the key tools, techniques, and strategies that PMI® has listed as important for Agile practitioners to understand in order to achieve their certification.
This course aligns with the PMBOK® Guide Sixth Edition. (The PMBOK® Guide is not required for this course.) Students who complete the Agile Practitioner Certificate are awarded a total of 2.1 CEUs and 21 PDUs (Leadership: 10; Strategic & Business Mgmt.: 7; Technical: 4). Students have 6 months to complete all of the coursework, beginning on the date they are emailed the course access. Learners should have some experience in Agile project management prior to enrolling.
Curriculum & Course Details
Upon completion of this certificate, students should be able to do the following:
- Identify the similarities and differences among Agile methodologies
- Describe the stages of the Agile development cycle and identify the factors that promote project success
- Understand how to apply specific tools and techniques to successfully complete Agile projects
- Understand the interrelationships of tasks, activities, and practices in Agile projects
- Understand the specific roles and responsibilities of team members and enhance interaction on Agile teams
- Successfully complete the PMI-ACP® certification exam
- Effectively lead and work with Agile teams
The Certificate is divided into six sections:
- Agile Basics
- Agile Applications
- Agile Tools and Techniques
- Agile PMI Domains and Tasks
- PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) Exam Strategies
- Practice Exams
Read more about Project management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.