Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
This programme is particularly relevant for mid to senior level practitioners from private, public and NGO sectors working or aspiring to work in the fields of:
- Advocacy and public affairs
- Fundraising and resource mobilisation
About the course
Broaden your horizons Global stakeholder & context analysis - Understand the dynamics of global influence and policy-making. Develop an analytical framework to plan successful campaigns in a competitive international environment.
Advocacy trends, tools & techniques - Learn how to leverage advocacy trends for your organisation. Build your knowledge base and skills set to execute campaigns in various contexts with tangible outcomes.
Recent & current campaigns - Explore advocacy initiatives on a wide range of global issues by analysing case studies and best practices (topics change each year according to the latest developments).
Enhance your skills
- Analyse the complex international context and web of actors
- Acquire the mindset needed to successfully influence issues and manage campaigns
- Polish your leadership skills to ensure successful outcomes
- Understand how to communicate effectively via different channels
- Learn how to work in teams to conceptualise a successful advocacy campaign
- Build a network of advocacy practitioners from very diverse sectors and parts of the world
- Discover advocacy and lobbying “in-situ” at the international and European Union level
- Exchange with advocacy professionals and academic thought-leaders
Module 1 – Context, Actors and Analysis
- Discover the complex web of actors at global, regional and national levels
- Develop an analytical framework to build effective advocacy campaigns
- Through case studies, define, achieve and reflect on actors’ communication objectives and strategic approaches
Module 2 – Advocacy Strategies and Tactics
- Build your leadership skills to execute successful
- advocacy campaigns
- Master effective messaging and tactics
- Understand how to measure outputs and outcomes
SPOKEN LANGUAGES English, French, Italian AREAS OF EXPERTISE History and politics of international organisations Humanity, humanitarianism, humanitarian intervention History of conflicts and conflict resolution, history of authoritarian and totalitarian regimes Transnational movements, NGOs a...
Ms. Carlucci has been managing executive education programmes for clients from corporations, governments and international institutions for the past 10 years. She holds a Master's degree in international relations (specialisation in international law) from the Graduate Institute of International...
Christophe has over 25 years of advocacy and communications experience in the corporate, consulting, NGO and institutional sectors. In 2016, he founded CLC Consultant, an advocacy and reputation management consulting firm based in Nyon, and spends his time between Geneva and Brussels. Highlights...
Videos and materials
Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.