Who should attend
Existing and new project managers who want to learn the latest best practices and significantly improve their success rates.
About the course
Project management is fundamental to business success—but understanding the fundamentals will only get you so far. As the process continues to evolve, new tools and methods allow managers to more accurately plan and execute on projects, with a dramatic increase in their success rates.
Advanced Topics Project Management will help you recognize and address today’s most critical project management challenges, taking a deep dive into the latest insights and practices with an emphasis on hands-on learning. As you increase your knowledge of critical areas such as risk, cost, change management, and agile methodology, you will also learn how to apply these concepts and methods. You will leave empowered to greatly improve project management results, adding significant value to your organization.
This program is accredited by the Project Management Institute and counts toward the education requirement for Project Management Professionals (PMPs) and aspiring PMPs.
Impact & Benefits:
- Create a formal detailed Scope Statement and a Risk Management Plan to improve project success
- Apply Agile Project Management methodology, tools, and techniques to appropriate projects
- Engage in a scenario planning simulation to develop a risk contingency plan
- Learn to use Affinity Diagrams and Mind Maps
- Apply Earned Value Management, the most effective and efficient tool for measuring and reporting costs
- Manage resources and costs more effectively
John Juzbasich is the Partner-in-Charge of the Human Performance Improvement Group at Merit Career Development. He earned an MLD (Master of Leadership Development) degree from Penn State University and his undergraduate degree from the Wharton School of Business, University of Pennsylvania. John'...
Read more about Project management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.