Advanced Topics for Certified Human Resources Specialists
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with School of Human Resources & Labor Relations.Full disclaimer.
Stay current with information from the source you trust and ensure that your organization is benefiting from best practices in HRM and remains compliant with recent legislative changes. As always, this year's Advanced Topics for Certified Human Resources Specialists will provide you with cutting-edge information on “hot topics” in human resources, a review of important court cases, and legislative updates regarding key employment laws.
Learn HR strategies that you can use to meet the challenges, and take advantage of the opportunities facing your organization.
Reconnect with your fellow CHRSs
Share ideas and experiences, and strengthen your professional network!
This year's theme, HR in an Era of Disruption, promises to be an engaging and interactive class, and provides half of your continuing education requirement for recertification (14 credits). Attending the Advanced Topics for Certified Human Resources Specialists annually will fulfill the 28-credit requirement needed to maintain your certification.
Note: This program is open only to Certified Human Resources Professionals.
This year's agenda includes:
- Conducting workplace investigations - 2018 CHRS voter's choice winner!
- Emerging Trends
- Retaining employees and enhancing engagement
- Talent acquisition
- Balancing the tech/human touch balance
- The opioid epidemic: impact on employers and employer responses
- Employment law update
- Preparing for litigation: the deposition
- Putting it all together: strategic planning for HR
- Roundtable discussion: Exploring the issues and sharing best practices
- Welcome, Introductions, and Logistics
- The Impact of the New Administration on HR and Employment Law
- New Trends and Best Practices in HRM, Part One: Diversity, Inclusion, and Implicit Bias
- New Trends and Best Practices in HRM, Part Two: Disaster Recover and Business Continuity
- Leveraging Technology for Long-Term Success and HR's Role in Cybersecurity
- Managing Change
- Welcome Back
- HR Metrics and Analytics
- Peer Feedback and Performance Management
- Preparing for Litigation
- Hot topics roundtable discussion
- HR Strategies for a Multi-Generational Workforce
- Winning Unemployment Insurance Cases
- 30-Day Mail Back and Checkout Exercise