Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Georgia Tech Professional Education.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Developing a high-performance safety culture requires much more than programs and regulatory compliance. In this course, you will gain a deeper understanding of the impact of organizational culture on safety performance and how to implement leading-edge safety systems. The knowledge gained from this course will prepare you to take your construction or general industry organization's safety performance to the next level.
What You Will Learn
- Evolution of safety management principles
- Impact of organizational culture
- Importance of management leadership and employee engagement
- Development of safety management systems
- How to implement behavior-based safety
- Effective risk assessment
- Introduction to human performance
How You Will Benefit
- Identify and utilize the most current safety management principles that drive the safety process.
- Understand the impact of organizational culture on safety performance.
- Gain an understanding of safety management systems.
- Learn how to create a high-performance safety culture in your organization.
SAFETY MANAGEMENT PRINCIPLES
- History and evolution of safety management principles
- Current knowledge of modern safety management principles
- How culture impacts safety performance
- Moving to safety excellence
LEADERSHIP AND EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT
- Leadership is the most important component of a safety culture
- Employee engagement is critical to a high performing culture
SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
- Difference between safety programs and safety management systems
- Review of ANSI Z10
BEHAVIOR BASED SAFETY
- Pros and cons of a behavior-based safety system
- Fundamentals of human behavior
EFFECTIVE RISK ASSESSMENT
- Not all hazards are equal.
- Focusing resources based on risk levels
INTRO TO HUMAN PERFORMANCE
- Understanding human error
- Basic error reduction techniques
Who should attend
This course is designed for corporate, regional, and field-safety personnel in both construction and general industry.
Trust the experts
Pamela Fisher is a partner and operations manager for PROSAFE Solutions, Inc. She is an experienced safety and risk management professional with a proven track record of success in managing and overseeing safety programs for large construction projects. Her educational background is in occupatio...
Mike McCarroll is President and CEO of PROSAFE Solutions, an Atlanta-based management consulting firm specializing in the development of high performance safety cultures. Mike provides high-end services to assist clients in a variety of industries across the U.S. and Canada in improving safety ...