Advanced Risk Management
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with IFF Training.Full disclaimer.
The global finance industry is still reeling from one of the largest financial crises of all time, despite ten years of extreme monetary policy, and with the prospect of a whole slew of new regulatory requirements and issues around the management of risk. There has never been a more important time to look at advanced risk management techniques. Basel III, FRTB (aka Basel IV), CECL and Brexit are just a few of the issues that the industry is facing. All this along with a market environment of rising rates, overvalued stock markets and rising political tensions over trade and nuclear arms.
This course is designed to extend your practical knowledge and understanding over the breadth and depth of financial risk management as practised in institutions today and in the near future. Picking up where many other courses leave off, it explores the connected nature of risk across market, credit, operational, liquidity, reputational and other risks. In particular, it looks at the techniques and methodologies employed in risk estimation and their strengths and weaknesses including their relationship to regulation and capital. Moreover, it also looks at how risk is really managed (or not!) currently.
The course itself is a perfect balance of theory and practice with great emphasis on practicality and hands-on issues. It carefully examines techniques such as Value-at-Risk, Expected-Shortfall, credit modelling, current expect loss, stress testing and scenarios. It also looks at how Basel III and IV impact risk and risk management, as well as the different risk management challenges in fund management.
The three days are designed to be highly interactive with examples and workshops, plus plenty of opportunity for questions and discussion with the course leader and other delegates.
- Gain insight into cutting-edge market risk methodologies
- Develop the tools and techniques needed to measure market risk effectively
- Practical exercises on successful stress and scenario testing
- Examine credit and liquidity risk modelling and management
- Gain knowledge of how credit derivatives can be used to manage credit risk
- Clarify of the role of capital and the relationship to other risks
- Fully understand the impact of Basel III and FRTB – the latest developments in regulation and capital requirements in light of the credit crisis
- Insights into the lessons learned from the credit crisis and attempted global recovery
- Examine how Brexit might affect risk both pre and post article 50