Who should attend
Buyers, sales representatives, sales managers, supply chain managers, department managers, category managers, warehouse supervisors, contract managers, operations managers and other general managers and supervisors.
About the course
Purchasing has evolved over the years to a profession which had command of several critical tools and applications beyond those we as buyer's learned initially. This session will avail new applications and techniques to assist the buyer to advance their levels or professionalism.
A few of the applications include:
- Understanding of the global marketplace
- Evaluating the various quality techniques
- Cost estimation techniques
- Better methods of forecasting demand
- Application involving standardization and simplification
- What we require from strategic alliance partners
- Understanding supplier relationship management (SRM)
- Understanding negotiation power leverage
- Risk and benefits of buying services
- When a purchase falls into the Convention for the International Sale of Goods
- What a buyer needs to understand about construction purchasing
- Case examples.
Prior to starting his own firm in 1991, William Agee, C.P.M., C.E.M, CMN, CPE, CPP, CPIM, SSBB, was a vice president in a large international management, consulting, and educational firm specializing in world class education, financial reviews and audits, procurement service, quality management, ...
Read more about Negotiations
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.