Who should attend
For professionals who have a role in organization effectiveness, consultants involved in organization and process design, and leaders at any level who anticipate changing their organization to better align with strategy. As an advanced program we do expect all participants to be actively involved in organization work.
About the course
For leaders looking to assess, design and implement organization structures that will deliver their strategy.
The program provides a toolkit of the most powerful methods and frameworks used in organization design work. With the help of case studies and live simulations, participants will look at organizational structure, linking processes, job roles, people choices, incentives, decision authorities, accountabilities and other dimensions of effective organization.
The faculty - an academic, two consultants and an executive - help participants understand:
- How to align an organization with its strategy, and how to assess whether the existing organisation fits the strategy
- The tools for organization design work, such as the ‘nine tests of good design’, ‘value chain maps’, ‘organization models’ and ‘design principles’
- The process of organization design: the steps of analysis, who should be involved, their role in the process and how long it should take.
- What methods other participants have used in their organization design work
Learning Outcomes for Participants & Organizations
At the end of this program participants will be able to:
- Use the frameworks and tools needed to complete Organization Design work at a business and functional level
- Critically evaluate a business or function’s current Organization Model and Design to identify opportunities to better align with strategy
- Skillfully guide others through a collaborative design process
- Lead organization design work
Andrew Campbell has been a Director of the Ashridge Strategic Management Centre since it was formed in 1987 to research issues concerned with the management of multi-business companies. Andrew directs research projects, runs management programmes and advises client companies. He is programme dire...
Mikel Gutiérrez is CEO of Asebal, a company producing galvanized steel for road and solar businesses. He has lead it from being a domestic, almost bankrupt Spanish company to a strong business, selling in more than 20 countries. Previously he was General Manager of Ormazabal Germany and Director ...
Andy is an experienced Consultant and Executive Coach with a track record of working with leaders to achieve the transformational change necessary to deliver business growth, with specialisms in strategy execution, organisational design, creativity and customer experience. Before joining Hult Ash...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.