Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This programme is for experienced OD and leadership and development practitioners, human resources and transformation directors who are responsible for developing capability to bring about cultural and behavioural change to gain a strategic perspective.
You may be working in any part of the health and social care system including local government, NHS, or a private or voluntary sector provider.
About the course
This programme is unlike any other OD programme; the quality of facilitation, the pace and diversity of the exercises, the underpinning theory is delivered lightly and in stages, and can be related to every OD practitioners work. The exposure to real OD problems and the consideration of ways to approach them, all make this the most interactive and thought provoking experience.
Benefits to you;
- have the opportunity to explore new possibilities in taking up your role within the changing context
- gain a deeper understanding of the strategies that will enable system-wide change and build organisational resilience
- develop a range of approaches to enable leaders to collaborate effectively across boundaries
- create an OD community within the health and social care system that will provide ongoing support.
Benefits to your organisation;
Your OD practitioner will have...
- in depth knowledge of OD approaches successfully deployed in other parts of the health system and the private sector
- the skills and tools to influence the OD agenda at a strategic level
- confidence to lead participative approaches to complex change across your organisation
Module one: Developing cultures for high-quality care
- The role of OD
- Understanding the nature of culture and change
- Incremental and transformational change
- Creating the conditions for quality improvement and innovation
Module two: Enabling leaders and encouraging talent
- Engaging the front line: clinicians and experts in the field
- Compassionate and collaborative leadership: enabling and supporting growth
- Developing inquiry and consulting skills
- Creating talent strategies
Module three: Collaborating across boundaries
- Working with the power and politics of the system
- Deploying large-group processes to build new ways of thinking
- Changing the nature of conversations across boundaries and roles
- Intra-organisation influencing
Lindsey has more than 25 years of international OD consulting experience and her particular interests are in supporting organisations and leaders in complex and uncertain environments through change, through designing and delivering a wide range of leadership and OD interventions. She is able to...
Sally specialises in organisational change and leadership development and has 20 years’ experience in leadership roles. Before joining the Fund, Sally worked at Ashridge Business School. She has worked with a range of international and UK clients including: the International Red Cross, WHO, Unile...
Tracy joined The King’s Fund in 2004. She is a co-ordinator in the leadership and organisational development team, working across a variety of open programmes, commissioned pieces of work and other projects. Prior to this Tracy worked as an events co-ordinator and office manager within the finan...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.