Advanced Negotiations Strategies and Techniques (LR353)
Building on the negotiation skills component of the other LR Certificate classes, this program approaches negotiations as involving the sometimes conflicting motivations to compete and to cooperate. Through negotiation simulations and lecture, participants learn and practice a variety of approaches to negotiations, how their effectiveness varies by situation, the effectiveness of their own style and how to flex it, and practice value-claiming and value-creating at the same time.
- Power and dependence in negotiation
- Decision-making processes and flaws
- Relationships, ego, and emotion
- Interests, positions, and expectations
- At-the-table process and structure
- Dynamics of negotiation tactics and techniques
- Multi-party and internal team bargaining
During this three-day workshop, a series of interactive simulations provides a common reference point for all participants to discuss a host of negotiation concepts. The goal is to change the way you think about and approach negotiations.
Who should attend
Labor relations, human resource, operations, and finance professionals who represent or support management in collective bargaining.