Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
Negotiations are about getting the best value you can from what is on offer and finding ways to options for mutual benefit. The Advanced Negotiation Skills programme is designed for individuals and managers who want to maximise their ability and effectiveness in a broad range of negotiation situations.
About the course
Learn how to negotiate from the best in the business. Get equipped with the strategies and tactics you need to maximise the value of all your negotiations.
Why choose this programme?
The importance of negotiating as a business skill cannot be overstated.
From tactical approaches to practical techniques, Advanced Negotiation Skills will challenge your existing skill set and work to improve it.
It will help you prepare for complex negotiations and show you how to avoid common mistakes.
Learn and practice negotiation strategies, tools and tactics.
Discover how to prepare for complex negotiations.
Find out how to respond to hard bargaining tactics.
Know when to push and when to pull. Respond to hard bargaining tactics, build trust and bargain effectively.
Identify and build on your strengths. Be more confident in yourself and what you’re selling.
Go behind the meaning to find the value for all parties, maintaining good relationships even in high pressured negotiations.
Session 1: The fundamentals of negotiation
- Understand how a goal focus positively impacts negotiation.
- Explore negotiation – the concept.
- Common mistakes in negotiation.
- Distinguish distributive and integrative negotiation concepts.
- Start to Develop your diagnostic tools.
Session 2: Putting it into practice
- Display your skills.
- Distributive Negotiation.
- Splitting the difference.
Session 3: Understand the process of negotiation
- Understand the four-step process of negotiation: preparation, opening, bargaining and closing.
- Harness the power of preparation.
- Conquer the three elements of opening: building rapport, anchoring and setting the scene.
- Conduct an effective bargaining process: learn and practice practical strategies, tools and tactics.
- Research on more effective negotiators
- Make an effective close
Session 4: Putting it into practice
- Display your skills.
- Integrative Negotiation.
Session 5: Your personal negotiation style
- Adapt your style to the situation.
- Ten nightmare tactics employed in negotiations and how to countermand them.
- Action planning for strategic success in mutual gains negotiations with clients.
- Harness the six principles of effective persuasion.
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Communication
Read more about Negotiations
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.