Advanced Negotiation Skills
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Irish Management Institute.Full disclaimer.
Negotiations are about getting the best value you can from what is on offer and finding ways to expand options for mutual benefit.
Advanced Negotiation Skills is designed for experienced business managers and commercial negotiators who plan to master their negotiation skills in complex negotiations.
- This programme will provide you with a framework to master your ability to work on your feet by preparing for and analysing complex negotiations.
- It will help you to identify and build on your strengths as well as recognise and learn to overcome the challenges and hard bargaining tactics that hinder your negotiations.
- You will learn about the mutual gains approach to negotiation and how to distinguish interests from positions to gain valuable tools and tactics for all stages of the negotiation process.
- You will also learn how to control your own emotions and reactions in negotiations.
- Core concepts include mastering power imbalances, responding to hard bargaining tactics, building trust, bargaining effectively, demonstrating persuasive reasoning and charismatic reasoning appropriately and maintaining relationships while in highly pressurised negotiations.
Core content includes:
- Mastering power imbalances and responding to hard bargaining tactics
- Building trust
- Bargaining effectively
- Demonstrating persuasive reasoning and charismatic reasoning appropriately
- Maintaining relationships while in highly pressurised negotiations
Who should attend
Negotiations are about getting the best value you can from what is on offer and finding ways to options for mutual benefit. The Advanced Negotiation Skills programme is designed for individuals and managers who want to maximise their ability and effectiveness in a broad range of negotiation situations.