Advanced Microsoft Excel
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Georgia Tech Professional Education.Full disclaimer.
Understanding the ins and outs of the spreadsheet program Microsoft Excel is an incredibly valuable skill as a business professional. In the Advanced Microsoft Excel course, you will grow your knowledge above and beyond the average skill level of most users and learn how to use the program in the workplace as an analysis and presentation tool. Instantly apply your newfound talent to your day-to-day activities at your organization, or promote it during your job search.
What You Will Learn
- Efficiency and effectiveness
- Data analysis
- Data presentation
- Applications, macros, and automation
How You Will Benefit
- View, arrange and import data from other sources.
- Leverage the power of formulae for data analysis.
- Use PivotTables to analyze and present data.
- Use graphics and conditional formatting to make your data clearer.
- Protect data and forms.
- Create and run macros to automate number-crunching.
- Perform other Excel tasks and tricks that are useful in the business world.
EFFICIENCY AND EFFECTIVENESS IN MICROSOFT EXCEL
- How to import and sort data
- How to work with multiple sheets
- Different ways to view your worksheet
- Useful shortcuts and time-savers
- The power of the formula wizard
- Commonly used formulae in data analysis
- Advanced ifs, ands, and ors
- Nested formulae
- How to use pivot tables
- Goal seek
- How to use graphical style to get your point across
- How to get the most out of the chart wizard
- Conditional formatting
- How to make it print right
- Grouping and filtering
- How to make sure your boss doesn't mess it up
APPLICATIONS, MACROS, AND AUTOMATION
- The idea of a macro
- What you can do with macros
- Macros recording and running
- How to build macros from scratch
- How to code with Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
Who should attend
This course is designed for those interested in Microsoft Excel as an advanced analytical tool.