Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This program seeks Master students or professionals with a degree in economics, management, finance or in other disciplines - such as law, maths, engineering, international relations- if willing and able to acquire basic proficiency in financial matters, with strong academic background, and the intellectual curiosity and discipline that are necessary to succeed in a very demanding environment.
- Bachelor or Master or equivalent (4 or 5 years of study overall) - You can apply the same year you obtain your degree
- 3-year Bachelor (180 ECTS), followed by 2 years of relevant work experience
- Proficiency in English
About the course
Postgraduate course in Finance for Master graduates or Finance professionals
- Improve drastically your chances to secure attractive jobs in the financial sector and boost your career growth
- Acquire the competencies and the skill set that top financial firms are expecting from their young professionals thanks to your deep understanding of how financial markets work in practice, the connections between theory and practice of the financial markets, and your mastering of sophisticated financial techniques.
- The 3-month internship program
- Get the most out of the 3-month internship, which the programme helps you find, and which is a springboard to find job opportunities in leading banks and investment banks, asset managers, private equity firms, consulting firms, regulators, commodity trading firms and other institutions, both in Belgium and abroad.
- Job Placement Ratio: over 80% even before graduation
- Our career service will help you in building your career thanks to our strong connection with the business sector and to our dynamic team who will accompany you into the professional world. From self-assessment to networking opportunities, our team assists you to realise your full potential. Through a wide range of seminars, coaching sessions, workshops, events and other resources, we help you to discover the career path best suited to your personal fulfilment. 80% of our students find a job even before graduation and over 90% within three months from the completion of the programme!
- Student Trip experience: London Finance Tour
- We offer you the possibility to participate in the London Finance Tour that we organise every year for the students of the Advanced Master. Join this 3-day field trip in London for visits to top financial institutions (Banks, Investment Banks, Fintechs, Hedge Funds, etc.) and networking opportunities. Please note that the cost of this trip is not included in the tuition fees.
- Increase your skillset
- Develop strong new competencies and skills to be a more accomplished and creative performer in the financial sector, with the ability to progress faster to senior positions.
- The Solvay interactive teaching methodology: constantly challenge yourself
- Experience our teaching methods which are very hands-on and participant-centred. Courses are mainly structured into real case studies, seminars, simulations, presentations, group work, company visits and on-the-job learning.
- Small classes, big experience
- Classes are limited to manageable-sized and coherent cohorts (about 30 students), ensuring maximum participation and easy access to the faculty and the advanced masters academic or administration team.
- The faculty: learn from an exceptional cast of academics and practitioners
- The faculty comprises Solvay and ULB professors bringing in their theoretical insight and the latest research expertise from their respective fields, as well as top-level practitioners (CEOs, CFOs, Chief Risk Officers, Head of Private Banking, Director at the European Commission, and other senior executives from banks, asset managers, hedge funds, private equity, infrastructures and regulators) driven by a real passion for education bringing in their practical insight and on-the-field experience. Top-of-the-line guests are also invited for additional workshops or sessions.
- Experience diversity & an international learning environment
- Diversity in class in terms of gender, academic background and culture enhances your student experience. Two thirds of the participants are from outside Belgium, including from Europe, Asia or the Americas. The faculty is also very international in nationality or professional background. Benefit from our international faculty, international case-studies, the student trip and the multicultural environment you will be studying in, right at the heart of Europe.
- Join the Solvay Alumni Network
- Become part of one of the largest business networks in Belgium, members of which are actually present in more than 65 countries around the world. Participate in the events organized, expand your network and never stop learning and evolving.
Overview of the programme
The Advanced Master in Financial Markets is designed to help you develop knowledge and an entirely new skill set: a strong understanding of market practices, financial techniques, risk management and the new regulatory environment, which is a must to get the best jobs and accelerate career development.
TERM 0 (available throughout the year)
- Excel for Beginners via Data Camp
- Excel for Finance via Data Camp
- VBA via Data Camp
- Python via Data Camp
Additional trainings in class by expert professors in some of these fields (Excel and VBA) may be organized in September if sufficient demand (contact us for details).
TERM 1 (6 weeks courses, 2 weeks exams)
- Corporate Finance and Valuation
- Overview of Financial Markets and Regulation
- Corporate Reporting
- European Financial Integration and Banking Regulation - I
- Sustainable Finance
TERM 2 (6 weeks courses, 2 weeks exams)
- Investment Banking
- European Financial Integration and Banking Regulation - II
- Portfolio and Investments
- Financial Infrastructures
- Risk and Risk Management in Financial Institutions
TERM 3 (6 weeks courses, 2 weeks exams)
- Alternative Investment I (Hedge Funds)
- ALM, Fair Values and Balance Sheet Optimisation
- M&A Valuation - Case Study
- Data Science for Business OR Machine Learning & AI
TERM 4 (6 weeks courses, 2 weeks exams)
- Alternative Investment II (Private Equity)
- Asset Pricing Practice
- ECB, Stress Tests and Bank Internal Models
- Banking Analysis - Practice
- Insurance Markets
Participants will perform a 3-month internship in a leading financial institution.
And over 30,000 online and printed journals + well-known business databases like Bloomberg, Euromonitor,... available for you. Lieven Baele is Visiting Professor at Vlerick Business School. He holds a Phd in Economics from Ghent University. Lieven currently is an Associate Professor of Finance at...
Rewiring how companies use Data and Analytics. Work closely with client representatives to bridge business challenges with innovative and tailored data-driven solutions aligned with the organisation strategy and constraints. Data & Analytics practice leader Data science & artificial i...
Adjunct Professor and Academic Director at Solvay Brussels School of Economics and Management (ULB), Guest Lecturer at Université Paris Dauphine-PSL and at Conservatoire national des arts et métiers (Cnam). Topics of interest include sustainable finance, financial markets and services, innovation...
Mario Nava (born Milan, 1966) holds an undergraduate degree in Economics from Bocconi University (1989), an MA from the Université Catholique de Louvain, Belgium (1992) and a PhD in Public Finance from the London School of Economics (1996). Mario joined the European Commission in 1994 and held v...
Experience Chief Executive Officer Euroclear Bank SA/NV Feb 2015 – Present Brussels Area, Belgium Euroclear France, Euroclear Nederland and Euroclear Belgium Chief Executive Officer Nov 2009 – Jan 2015 Head of Human Resources Apr 2005 – Oct 2009 Head of Product Management Euroclear UK & Ire...
A highly experienced senior public affairs professional with a wide-ranging experience in the financial services industry. Judith has led several multinational teams and has a strong lobbying track record. She specialises in the strategic positioning of institutions and industries in complex inte...
Specialised in Financial Services & FinTech (specific focus on Payments & BPO) Private Equity: Origination and execution of growth capital investments and leveraged buy-out transactions Monitoring and valuation of portfolio companies (M&A add-ons, refinancings, exits) Board member fo...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.