Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
C-Suite, Managing Directors, Partners, Entrepreneurs, General Managers, Senior Executives.
The AMP is ideal for experienced leaders in senior executive and management roles with domestic, international or global responsibilities. A typical participant would have more than 15 years of work experience, with at least 5 to 10 years at a senior leadership or management level.
To offer you an enriching and inspiring learning experience on the highest executive level, participation in the AMP is by application and admission only. Our admissions team will carefully evaluate your application based on work experience, current position and responsibility, and carefully select only those candidates who assure a coherent group composition.
About the course
In a world that is rapidly changing, the demands placed on senior executives are constantly increasing. Lifelong learning has become an imperative for everybody, and particularly for those responsible for strategy, implementation, and are accountable for stakeholders and shareholders. The Advanced Management Programme at Frankfurt School equips you with the must-have knowledge, skills and competencies to lead individuals and strategy and people with foresight, confidence and responsibility into the future.
Are you an impactful leader who aspires to become a global change maker and lead the transformation of your organisation and industry? Join the AMP to reinvent yourself, broaden your network, and make the next step in your career. Understand the geopolitical, economic, social and environmental forces that are affecting businesses in the 21st century. Amplify your capabilities to think strategically and drive performance. Reassess and refresh yourself as a leader as well as your impact on your organisation.
- Connect with renowned faculty and experienced practitioners.
- Inspire and be inspired by other leaders across industry boundaries.
- Reflect on the major challenges for yourself, your organisation, and your business.
- Learn about the latest research insights and best practices.
- Transform yourself from impactful leader to global change maker.
The Frankfurt School Advanced Management Programme is an accelerated learning journey for the senior leaders who want to shape tomorrow. The programme consists of four compact modules on our campus in Frankfurt and a “Global Leadership Series” of short online events with prolific expert speakers from around the world.
The last module concludes with a short graduation ceremony and a gala dinner. Your partners and other significant others are welcome to join. Details will be announced in due time.
The Programme is held in English.
- Classroom sessions: interact with hand-selected Frankfurt School faculty and learn from their latest cutting-edge research.
- Small-group learning: engage in inspiring exchanges and discuss at eye level with other senior leaders.
- Your leadership story: share your personal leadership successes and receive valuable input for your leadership challenges.
- Evening events: continue the conversation beyond the classroom and build strong networks.
- Graduation ceremony and gala dinner: celebrate the completion of the programme together with your peers and your loved ones.
Discovering 21st Century Management (Module 1)
The 21st century offers many unprecedented challenges for businesses and top executives. Societal, geopolitical, environmental, and technological disruptions are chasing each other at an ever-increasing pace. Get up to date, equip yourself with critical insights about the most important forces and trends, and start creating the agenda for yourself and your company.
- Future of Management: a “sneak preview” to the challenges that likely await top executives in the future.
- Social and environmental trends: thorough strategic understanding of the main forces that are shaping the world of business and beyond.
- Global geopolitics: how might the new world order look like? Which set up of policy barriers and regulations must be initiated to react to potential impacts of global geopolitics?
- Economic Perspectives: macro-economic challenges for the Eurozone and the world economy.
- Emerging technologies: discover the value creation opportunities of technologies like blockchain and artificial intelligence.
Building Future Businesses (Module 2)
Senior executives like you are entrusted with making the critical decisions that shape the future of your company, industry or even economy. Whether overall strategy, disruptive competitive moves, innovative business models, new organisational forms, operational designs, or creative solutions – the responsibility rests with you. How can you make the right choices and build strong and trendsetting businesses today that will thrive tomorrow?
- Executive decision-making: benefit from the latest research on high-quality individual and organisational decision-making in complex settings.
- Competitive strategy: discuss contemporary approaches for competitive success, in particular around technology and sustainability.
- Entre- & Intrapreneurship: establish the success factors for strategic innovation that delivers results.
- Digital company: appreciate the importance of wise IT decisions such as cloud, data, or cybersecurity for company success and resilience.
Transforming People and Organisations (Module 3)
Whether you lead in a traditional or emerging industry, in a mature company or a young start-up – a rapidly changing environment requires every executive to ask the hard questions and rethink their organisation. The answers to these questions will likely initiate the difficult and demanding journey of simultaneous change and transformation on many fronts – people and culture, supply chain and operations, governance and finance, data and digitalisation, to name a few. What are the essential personal competencies and organisational competencies? What does the transformation of people and organisations entail?
- Executive Leadership: gain inspiration about leading yourself, your team, and your organisation in a world in which digitalisation fundamentally changes human interaction.
- M&A: uncover strategies and practices of (re)building robust business portfolios and economically healthy organisations.
- Changing Cultures: the dos and don’ts of successful change processes and digital transformations.
- Storytelling & Persuasion: take your personal persuasion skills to the next level by using emotional and cognitive factors to analyse and understand the decisions made by others.
Creating Sustainable Value (Module 4)
Responsible management and stakeholder capitalism entail that executive goal systemsincreasingly include social and environmental dimensions in addition to financial results and economic value. At the same time, leading diverse stakeholders and managing the organisation towards achieving these goals is not becoming any easier in the proverbial VUCA world. How can you be the strategic leader who drives sustainable value with self-aware, high-performance leadership and by aligning external and internal stakeholders, driving triple-bottom-line business performance, and steering your organisation through the inevitable ups and downs?
- Executive Agenda: gain first-hand insights about effective boardroom work as well as personal power and networking.
- Implementing Shared Value Creation: create performance systems that are aligned with your economic, social, and environmental strategies.
- Risk and Crisis Management: research and best practice of strategic risk management and effective leadership in crises.
- Leading for Good: discover the intrinsic link between ethics, responsibility, and sustainability on the one hand and high-performance leadership for superior value creation on the other hand.
Claus Rerup is Professor of Management at the Frankfurt School of Finance and Management, Germany. Before joining Frankfurt School in 2017, he was an Associate Professor of Organizational Behavior at the Ivey Business School, Western University, Canada. He has also been a visiting professor at Un...
Prof. Dr. h.c. mult. Roland Koch has been Professor of Management Practice in Regulated Environments at Frankfurt School since November 2017; he also works as a lawyer in his own law firm. Roland Koch is Chairman of the Supervisory Board of UBS Europe SE, Member of the Supervisory Board of Vodaf...
Selin Atalay is Professor of Marketing at Frankfurt School of Finance & Management since September 2014. Before joining the Frankfurt School of Finance & Management, she has been an Associate Professor of Marketing at HEC Paris and Assistant Professor at Bilkent University. Selin Atalay h...
Read more about Business Communication
Read more about General Management Programs
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.