Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
- Entry-level to senior HR professionals
- Global HR managers
- Employee relations managers
- Generalists seeking to move into specialized role
- EEO, compliance and security professionals conducting internal employee-related investigations
About the course
Learn and practice the complete step-by-step internal investigation process. Receive extensive content related to conducting interviews, investigation techniques, determining credibility, managing bias, reaching conclusions, and implementing outcomes. Apply a case study to the internal investigations process and interact with expert investigators to learn best practices and acquire new skills.
What does it take to conduct successful internal investigations?
In this course, you'll learn and practice the complete step-by-step internal investigation process. You'll actively engage with content related to conducting interviews, investigation techniques, determining credibility, managing bias, reaching conclusions, and implementing outcomes. Applying a case study, you'll review and use the internal investigations process, and interact with expert investigators to learn best practices and acquire new skills.
Key Course Takeaways
- Review a structure and apply techniques for conducting interviews and gathering information
- Discover and practice essential probing skills
- Examine the investigator's role and essential ways to avoid assumptions
- Determine when to involve attorneys and other experts
- Examine information and questions for evaluating credibility
- Evaluate the effectiveness of an investigation and trends or patterns of all complaints
- Engage with internal investigators and legal experts
- Apply new concepts through an interactive case study
Susan Brecher, currently the Director of HR Dispute Management and Resolution Certificate and Curriculum/Training Design is an employment practices attorney and expert in training and curriculum design for both online and classroom based workshops. She has broad experience in advising, consultin...
Tracey I. Levy is the Founding Member of Levy Employment Law, LLC, and annually has been recognized by Super Lawyers for the New York Metro area since 2016. Offering clients the benefit of more than 25 years of legal and employee relations experience, Tracey guides managers and in-house counsel t...
Gayle F. Wasserman, Esq. is a management-side employment attorney and human resources consultant with over 18 years of experience. Since establishing her own private practice, Wasserman Law, in 2004, Gayle has regularly counseled clients throughout the New York tri-state area on a variety of emp...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.