Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
- Chief Risk Officers
- Risk Managers
- Managers and Directors responsible for the risk management function or process
- Heads of Internal Audit
- Heads of Assurance functions
- Senior Finance Professionals
About the course
Successful organisations are the ones that consider risks and potential problems at all stages of the economic cycle. A co-ordinated Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) programme has been proven to be the key to such success.
This exciting Oxford seminar will help you to fully embed a risk culture across the whole organization, and develop a coordinated top down approach where every function evaluates its risks on a continuous and consistent basis.
It will help you change the focus from risk avoidance to one of value creation and create a fully risk embracing culture.
Specifically you will learn to:
- Sell the benefits of ERM to senior management
- Benchmark your ERM process against worldwide best practice
- Link the ERM process directly with the strategic plans
- Challenge and overcome the negative views of risk
- Instil a risk culture of ‘what do we need to get right’ rather than ‘ what can go wrong’
- Develop clear risk appetite statements for the Board and each business function
- Appreciate why ERM is not just another project or fad
- Gain a thorough Understanding of the Characteristics of an Advanced ERM Process
- Understand the Techniques to take fully embed your ERM process by the use of Global Risk scenarios
- Develop an ERM Strategic Roadmap
- Learn how to use sophisticated Risk Evaluation Techniques such as Delphi Monte Carlo and Bayesian Network
- Understand how to Identify and Manage Emerging Risks
- Develop meaningful Key Risk Indicators (KRI’s)
- Re-focus the Risk Register to be a simple to follow Record of the Risks (Using a Global Best Practice Model)
- Incorporate inherent, residual and target Risk Assessments for each Risk
- Explicitly Link Risk with Decision Making at all Levels of the Business
- Energise all Levels of Management and Staff to Manage Risks Effectively
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.