Who should attend
- Managers in charge of strategic marketing planning, product management, promotion and advertising, and marketing research in companies marketing consumer or industrial products or services.
- Account executives in advertising agencies.
- Professionals in marketing research and data analytics organizations.
About the course
Ongoing economic reforms and globalization of the Indian economy continue to bring distinct changes in Indian markets. Markets are becoming more competitive and diverse. As consumers are having more choices, they are becoming even more demanding. Consequently, it is becoming more complex to take the key marketing decisions: market segmentation, product positioning, offer design, pricing and test marketing.
At the same time, availability of information on Indian markets, product offerings, and consumer preferences and choices is also increasing. Multivariate statistical tools for data analysis like regression analysis, factor analysis, discriminant analysis, conjoint analysis, multidimensional scaling and structural equation modeling can effectively be used in making these decisions. Data and text mining approaches are also becoming increasingly relevant for understanding customers, segmenting them and devising strategies to attract and retain them.
This programme has been designed to help participants acquire skills in using multivariate statistical tools in taking the key marketing decisions. It also exposes participants to the data mining and other approaches to statistical analysis of the data that is increasingly becoming available, particularly in retail, telecom and finance and in many other sectors.
- Expose participants to a selected set of multivariate statistical tools and data mining approaches that would aid in taking key marketing decisions: market definition and choice of markets, market segmentation and targeting, product positioning, offer design, pricing, and test marketing.
- Provide participants an opportunity to gain experience in using latest PC-based statistical software in concrete marketing management situations.
- Introduce key concepts of data mining.
- Marketing Decisions: Choice of Markets, Market Segmentation and Targeting, Product Positioning, Product/Offer Design, Pricing and Test Marketing.
- Tools for Analyses: Forecasting Models, Multiple Regression, Discriminant Analysis and Logistic Regression, Factor Analysis, Cluster Analysis, Multidimensional Scaling, Conjoint Analysis, Structural Equation Modeling, Models for Pre-test Marketing, Classification and Partitioning, and Data and Text Mining approaches.
Prof. Arnab K Laha is a member of the faculty of Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad. He takes a keen interest in understanding how analytics, machine learning, and artificial intelligence can be leveraged to solve complex problems of business and society. He has published more than 25 paper...
Professor Jaiswal's research interests include bottom of the pyramid (BOP) markets, services management, customer satisfaction, business-to-consumer e-commerce, Healthcare Management and Innovation in healthcare, and brand extension management. He has published papers in the Journal of Business E...
Educational Qualifications Doctorate in IT & Systems Management, Fellow of IIM Lucknow (2000-2004) Bachelor of Engineering, Madras University (1993-1997) Academic Affiliation Faculty, IIM Ahmedabad (Jul 2012 - Present) Professional Affiliation Member, IEEE Member, CSI RSA, The Security D...
Prof. Abhinandan K Jain was associated with IIMA for 50 years in various capacities and was felicitated by former students in 2019. Fellow (IIMA), PGDM (IIMA) BE (Mech.: MBM Engg College Jodhpur) Major interests in customer based business strategy, marketing research for decision making, strate...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.