Advanced Data Analysis for Marketing Decisions
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad.Full disclaimer.
Ongoing economic reforms and globalization of the Indian economy continue to bring distinct changes in Indian markets. Markets are becoming more competitive and diverse. As consumers are having more choices, they are becoming even more demanding. Consequently, it is becoming more complex to take the key marketing decisions: market segmentation, product positioning, offer design, pricing and test marketing.
At the same time, availability of information on Indian markets, product offerings, and consumer preferences and choices is also increasing. Multivariate statistical tools for data analysis like regression analysis, factor analysis, discriminant analysis, conjoint analysis, multidimensional scaling and structural equation modeling can effectively be used in making these decisions. Data and text mining approaches are also becoming increasingly relevant for understanding customers, segmenting them and devising strategies to attract and retain them.
This programme has been designed to help participants acquire skills in using multivariate statistical tools in taking the key marketing decisions. It also exposes participants to the data mining and other approaches to statistical analysis of the data that is increasingly becoming available, particularly in retail, telecom and finance and in many other sectors.
- Expose participants to a selected set of multivariate statistical tools and data mining approaches that would aid in taking key marketing decisions: market definition and choice of markets, market segmentation and targeting, product positioning, offer design, pricing, and test marketing.
- Provide participants an opportunity to gain experience in using latest PC-based statistical software in concrete marketing management situations.
- Introduce key concepts of data mining.
- Marketing Decisions: Choice of Markets, Market Segmentation and Targeting, Product Positioning, Product/Offer Design, Pricing and Test Marketing.
- Tools for Analyses: Forecasting Models, Multiple Regression, Discriminant Analysis and Logistic Regression, Factor Analysis, Cluster Analysis, Multidimensional Scaling, Conjoint Analysis, Structural Equation Modeling, Models for Pre-test Marketing, Classification and Partitioning, and Data and Text Mining approaches.
Who should attend
- Managers in charge of strategic marketing planning, product management, promotion and advertising, and marketing research in companies marketing consumer or industrial products or services.
- Account executives in advertising agencies.
- Professionals in marketing research and data analytics organizations.