Who should attend
- Government officials
- Directors of regional offices responsible for the agricultural sector
- NGO employees
- Employees of the private sector
- Producers of dairy products
- Consultants in the agriculture sector
- Professionals working in dairy supplies and equipment
- Financers of dairy projects
About the course
This programme shares the high yield model as developed in Israel. A country with little available land and a hot and dry climate, Israel's livestock industry has adapted intensive techniques and technologies that lead to the highest possible production, using renewable sources of energy and sustainable waste management practices. The course reviews everything from nutrition and fertility to project management and behavioural economics. It is appropriate for decision makers as well as those managing small and large farms and dairies.
- Management of Dairy Cattle Nutrition
- Feeding Principles
- Advanced Techniques for High Quality Forage
- Practical Workshop for Planning Feedstuff Rations
- Cow Reproductive Cycle and Fertility Management
- Milk Quality and Udder HealthHealth and Disease Prevention
- High Yield Production in a Hot Climate
- Beef Production: Open Pasture and Fattening Bulls
- Small Ruminant Meat and Milk Production
- Genetic Improvement and Fertility Management
- Planning, Designing and Constructing a Dairy Farm
- Economic Aspects of Managing Dairy Herds
- Government Guidance and Monitoring Tools
- Project Management
Civil Engineering, Technion (Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel), Specialisation: Livestock and Farm Buildings. Education 1978: Civil Engineering, Technion Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel 1971: Practical Engineer, Construction, Professional School, Mendoza, Argentina Professional Exp...
Read more about Project management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.