Who should attend
- Individuals who have been in the ScrumMaster role for at least 12 months
- IT Leadership (Managers/Directors/VPs/CIOs/CTOs)
- Project Managers
About the course
Advanced Certified ScrumMaster (A-CSM) is an in-depth two-day immersion into the world of the ScrumMaster role. The class explores Agile Facilitation and Agile Coaching and how the ScrumMaster uses these skills to support the team, the Product Owner and the Organization. The class is full of real-world examples from the attendees' experiences and coaches attendees through practical tools and techniques that can be implemented immediately at your workplace. The class is a deep dive into your role as a ScrumMaster and the hands-on activities and exercises demonstrate key concepts and let you experience the next level of Scrum firsthand.
Please note, there is no exam for the A-CSM certification.
In this course, you'll learn to:
- Explain Agile and Lean Values and Principles, so that you can better appreciate Scrum
- Understand Agile Facilitation, so that you can better support your team
- Understand Agile Coaching, so that you can coach your Team, Product Owner and Organization
- Explore self-organization, so that you can support your Development Team in becoming Self Organized
- Explore team dynamics, so that you can help your team work together better
- Explore Definition of Done, so that you facilitate your team creating one
Lean, Agile, and Scrum
Agile and Lean values, principles, and worldview
- Leveraging other Agile frameworks, and how they related to Scrum
- Practical experience rectifying common pitfalls
Empirical process control
- Function of inspect-and-adapt in each meeting
- Triage situations when transparency, inspection, and adaption need improvement
- See the linkage between the mechanics of Scrum and the underlying theory of Empirical Process Control
Agile Facilitation and Coaching
- Overcoming challenges of integrating multiples frames of reference
- Understanding when not to act as the facilitator, and let a group self-organize
- Planning collaborative meetings
- Demonstrate facilitation of a meeting, opening
- Integrating different perspectives
- Coming to a group decision
- Understanding the ScrumMaster’s many “stances”
- Gain a basic toolkit of coaching techniques
Service to the Team
Identify the common issues the undermine Self-Organization
- Definition of Done
- Value of Engineering Practices
- Coaching the Product Owner
Service to the Organization
- Resolving Impediments
- Scaling Scrum
- Organizational Change
- Personal Development
- Servant Leadership
Coaching people to enjoy working in collaborative, learning environments excites me. Especially in pursuit of building lovable products. People ask me to train, consult, mentor and facilitate teams to better use a set of Agile discovery and development concepts, tools, methods and practices. The...
Angela is a Certified Scrum Trainer, and Agile Transformation with Collaborative Leadership Team. In 2010 she founded the company to provide education and consulting services to clients adopting Scrum and Agile. Angela successfully helped others implement Scrum and Agile values principles but wan...
Anu is the President and Founder of Capala Consulting Group, LLC where she specializes in Executive coaching and Agile Transformations. She is an Certified Enterprise Coach and Certified Scrum Trainer® - providing education and coaching, consulting services to clients across the United States. ...
Christian Antoine is a CST (Certified Scrum Trainer) and Agile Coach. Chrisitan has over twenty years of experience in a variety of environments and consults, trains, and coaches teams and companies on Agile at all levels of the organization helping others see there is a different way to approac...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.