Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
- Individuals who have been in the ScrumMaster role for at least 12 months
- IT Leadership (Managers/Directors/VPs/CIOs/CTOs)
- Project Managers
About the course
Advanced Certified ScrumMaster (A-CSM) is an in-depth two-day immersion into the world of the ScrumMaster role. The class explores Agile Facilitation and Agile Coaching and how the ScrumMaster uses these skills to support the team, the Product Owner and the Organization. The class is full of real-world examples from the attendees' experiences and coaches attendees through practical tools and techniques that can be implemented immediately at your workplace. The class is a deep dive into your role as a ScrumMaster and the hands-on activities and exercises demonstrate key concepts and let you experience the next level of Scrum firsthand.
Please note, there is no exam for the A-CSM certification.
In this course, you'll learn to:
- Explain Agile and Lean Values and Principles, so that you can better appreciate Scrum
- Understand Agile Facilitation, so that you can better support your team
- Understand Agile Coaching, so that you can coach your Team, Product Owner and Organization
- Explore self-organization, so that you can support your Development Team in becoming Self Organized
- Explore team dynamics, so that you can help your team work together better
- Explore Definition of Done, so that you facilitate your team creating one
Lean, Agile, and Scrum
Agile and Lean values, principles, and worldview
- Leveraging other Agile frameworks, and how they related to Scrum
- Practical experience rectifying common pitfalls
Empirical process control
- Function of inspect-and-adapt in each meeting
- Triage situations when transparency, inspection, and adaption need improvement
- See the linkage between the mechanics of Scrum and the underlying theory of Empirical Process Control
Agile Facilitation and Coaching
- Overcoming challenges of integrating multiples frames of reference
- Understanding when not to act as the facilitator, and let a group self-organize
- Planning collaborative meetings
- Demonstrate facilitation of a meeting, opening
- Integrating different perspectives
- Coming to a group decision
- Understanding the ScrumMaster’s many “stances”
- Gain a basic toolkit of coaching techniques
Service to the Team
Identify the common issues the undermine Self-Organization
- Definition of Done
- Value of Engineering Practices
- Coaching the Product Owner
Service to the Organization
- Resolving Impediments
- Scaling Scrum
- Organizational Change
- Personal Development
- Servant Leadership
Kay Harper, CSM, PMI-ACP, SPC, ICP-ACC, ICP-ATF is a dedicated leader, coach, facilitator, speaker and trainer with over 20 years of proven expertise in traditional and Agile methodologies. After receiving her Bachelor of Science in Biology from the University of Missouri, Kay Harper went on to ...
Terrell is a professional project management and business analyst consultant and trainer. He is a highly skilled project manager and possesses business analyst capabilities with an advanced mix of skills in technology, methodologies and strategic business acumen. He has solid leadership skills an...
Samir is a Certified Scrum Trainer and Agile thought leader with extensive experience in training, coaching, and implementing the Agile framework for both commercial and government organizations. He has trained numerous teams, arming them with the skills needed to apply classroom theory to operat...