Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This course is intended for all experienced geologists, geophysicists, petrophysicists, reservoir engineers involved in carbonate reservoir characterization.
About the course
This five-day course handled by ICTD expert instructor is To deepen understanding of ways and means for describing carbonates from cores/outcrop analogues, logs, and seismics; and, ultimately, integrating data efficiently for reservoir characterization and static modeling. Several practical exercises and small group work with core photos, thin section photos, log data, Phi/K data, seismic data will be demonstrated.
Upon successful completion of this course, the delegates will be able to:
- To assess steps followed to characterize carbonate reservoirs and build a static geological and petrophysical model
- To appreciate the contribution of carbonate sedimentology and sequence stratigraphy to the model
- To assess the significant impact of carbonate diagenesis on pore-space
- To understand the complexity of carbonates’ Phi-K properties and link geological observations and petrophysics
- To review about rock-typing processes integrating sedimentology and petrophysics data
To develop skills in building efficient workflows for carbonates reservoir characterization
Day 1 REVIEW OF CARBONATES
carbonates vs. clastics Day 2
REMIND OF CARBONATE SYSTEMS
- Carbonate and evaporites mineralogy and components
- Carbonate shelves:
- controls on depositions
- depositional environments Day 3
CARBONATE FACIES ANALYSIS
- Workflow for advanced carbonate facies analysis
Applications on Case studies SEQUENCE STRATIGRAPHY
Remind of principles
High resolution sequence stratigraphy in carbonates: efficient workflow
Applications on case studies
Seismic expression of carbonates “seismic pattern” Day 4 Diagenesis
Reminds and definitions
Diagenetic potential and impact on porous network- Pore-space
Diagenetic processes, products and realms, dolomite specificity
Methods of study and dedicated Workflow for diagenesis
Applications Day 5
Carbonate reservoir characterization
- Matrix reservoir properties
Dual porosity reservoirs & fluid flow units
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
(30%) Based on Case Studies
(30%) Role Play
Pre-test and Post-test
Variety of Learning Methods
Case Studies and Self Questionaires
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.