Who should attend
Senior bureaucrats, administrators, senior, top level managers, department heads and executives from government and quasi government organisations, PSUs and government undertakings.
About the course
The need for good governance is being felt more than ever in the current scenario in the country and abroad. Whether it is a government or a quasi-government or a corporate establishment, prevention of corruption and unethical practices is a priority. Every organisation is evaluated based on several parameters - good governance and fair, transparent administration are the key to superior levels of service delivery and improved organisational value. To ensure good governance and fair administration, organisations are subject to a number of audit procedures and compliance norms. There are two aspects to this exercise that hamper the entire philosophy of good governance.
- Despite a host of audit guidelines, corruption and unfair administration do happen.
- Compliance norms are seen as a hindrance to everyday affairs and therefore, a deterrent to the operational efficiency of employees.
The motivation behind this programme is to address the above two contemporary challenges from a leadership perspective.
The programme helps develop clarity in the following:
- Potential pitfalls in administrative processes
- How institutional procedures are violated intentionally and un-intentionally
- Interlinkages between people, systems and good governance
- Role of modern age technology in good governance
- Developing robust administrative processes
- Knowing your stakeholders, their needs and perception
- Transparent and fair administration
- Compliance and audits as anti-corruption measures
- Robust policy planning
- Good governance in commercial and non-commercial organisations
- Creating your organisational identity
- Self-directed teams
- Leadership: A Bias for action
- Global best practices in good governance
Prof Sundaravalli Narayanaswami has earned her PhD in Industrial Engineering and Operations Research from IIT Bombay, after a Masters in Computer Science. Her teaching interests are in Intelligent Transportation systems, Operations Research in public systems, Operations Management, Urban transpor...
Videos and materials
Read more about Digital Transformation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.