Accounting for Business Combinations
For a business combination to succeed, organizations have to get the accounting right.
This two-day seminar covers the ins and outs of ASC Topic 805, the FASB standard for business combinations. With in-depth, example-based content on the requirements of the standard, the underlying concepts, the potential impact on the structuring of mergers and acquisitions, the deferred income tax consequences, and post-acquisition accounting, participants will gain the practical knowledge necessary to effectively apply the standard when a business combination occurs. The seminar also covers ASC Subtopics 350-20 and 350-30, which relate to the accounting for goodwill and intangible assets subsequent to an acquisition.
- Overview of ASC 805 (FAS 141R and FAS 160) with Simple Examples
- Introduction to Tax Issues Relating to Business Combinations
- Detailed Requirements of ASC 805
- Computing the Cost of Acquiring the Target
- Contingent Consideration and Share-Based Awards
- Allocating the Acquisition Cost to the Acquired Asset and Assumed Liabilities
- Understanding ASC 350-20 and ASC 350-30 (FAS 142) Related to Goodwill
- Accounting for Non-Controlling Interests (ASC 810)
- Taxable Transactions and Tax Deductible Goodwill