Accounting for Business Combinations
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with KPMG Executive Education.Full disclaimer.
For a business combination to succeed, organizations have to get the accounting right.
This two-day seminar covers the ins and outs of ASC Topic 805, the FASB standard for business combinations. With in-depth, example-based content on the requirements of the standard, the underlying concepts, the potential impact on the structuring of mergers and acquisitions, the deferred income tax consequences, and post-acquisition accounting, participants will gain the practical knowledge necessary to effectively apply the standard when a business combination occurs. The seminar also covers ASC Subtopics 350-20 and 350-30, which relate to the accounting for goodwill and intangible assets subsequent to an acquisition.
- Overview of ASC 805 (FAS 141R and FAS 160) with Simple Examples
- Introduction to Tax Issues Relating to Business Combinations
- Detailed Requirements of ASC 805
- Computing the Cost of Acquiring the Target
- Contingent Consideration and Share-Based Awards
- Allocating the Acquisition Cost to the Acquired Asset and Assumed Liabilities
- Understanding ASC 350-20 and ASC 350-30 (FAS 142) Related to Goodwill
- Accounting for Non-Controlling Interests (ASC 810)
- Taxable Transactions and Tax Deductible Goodwill