Who should attend
This course is designed for painters wishing to experiment with themes of abstract art, although it would also be suitable for beginners eager to be introduced to painting in this style.
About the course
Join Abstract painting and explore the fundamental approaches to making abstract art on this 4 day course, developing your understanding of colour, gesture, scale, form, shape and line.
This hands on course consists of practical demonstrations and individual practice - encouraging you to let go of traditional visual references and subject matter.
You will develop your own visual language and improve your understanding of the principles of painting through experimentation. To compliment your learning, there will be references to contemporary and historical examples of abstract art and abstract artists throughout the course.
By the end of the course you will have created a number of paintings which explore different concepts of abstract art in your own style. You will have also further developed your understanding of abstract painting.
Clear, easy to understand lessons:
- Our tutors will explain things in easy to understand, accessible English. If they need to use any special terminology they will make sure they explain what they mean.
- New methods will be shown to students through live demonstrations, in a way thats crystal clear and easy to understand.
- Experience life on campus
- Network and share ideas with students from across the globe
- Access the technology and materials relevant to your discipline
- Shop in our college shops for any materials you might need
- Ask questions of your tutor in real time
- Receive feedback and critique on your assignments
- Experience the many sights of London on your down time
- Contextual analysis
- Mark-making and gesture
- Composition, tone and paint application
- Paint manipulation, colour and collage
- Texture and layering
A certificate of completion:
- You've put the work in so we want to make sure you have something to show for it!
- As long as you attend a minimum of 80% of your classes, we will provide you with a certificate of attendance.
- We always recommend you attend all of the classes so that you get the most out of the experience!
- Certificates are great to compliment your cv.
With a fascination for ghost towns, borders, no man’s land and their peripheries. Enver's artwork explores memories, both personal and assumed, along with the effect of dismantlement and displacement of culture. Landscape painting is a prominent feature in Enver's catalogue, though he often stra...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.