360 Degree Evalutation System & Feedback
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with ICTD International Centre for Training and Development.Full disclaimer.
After this course you will be able to
- establish and manage a performance culture, determine Key Results Areas (KRAs),
- set objectives and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs),
- establish the right competencies and behaviors for all the roles in your organization.
You will design and define the right performance management system to support your organization’s goals and business objectives, and encourage the development of each individual employee.
Individual performance appraisals help you manage the performance of each employee in your organization. However, unless you clearly link a performance appraisal to corporate goals and see it as part of the responsibilities of an effective manager, it can be nothing more than a tick-box paper exercise.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will:
- Support business effectiveness by implementing a best-practice performance management system and performance appraisal process
- Understand the three critical components of an effective performance management system – setting objectives, measuring competencies and planning development
Many managers are concerned about how to best carry out appraisals and to link this to development plans and future training.
This performance appraisals training course will identify the benefits of appraisal, the key skills required and how to assess its effectiveness.
This appraisals course is designed for individuals who carry out staff appraisals, and are looking to build their confidence and effectiveness in this essential skill.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Confidently recruit the right person for your vacancy.
- Understand the importance of getting it right.
- Use the most effective recruitment options.
- Spec out the job description to make sure you know what your ideal candidate looks like.
- Know the steps to plan and prepare for an interview.
- Think from an organizational perspective and project your company in the best possible light.
- Maintain your focus on the interview's primary objectives.
- Make effective decisions about each candidate.
The Importance of Staff Performance Appraisal:
- Defining aims, purpose, objectives in order to improve performance
- Developing an Effective Appraisal System
- Frequency of appraisal, supported by one-to-ones and informal review
- Action plans and development plans
- Approaching appraisals with confidence
- Getting balanced and honest feedback on performance
- Effective Planning for the Appraisal
- Gathering the information you need: drafting an appraisal plan
The Performance Appraisal Interview:
- Establishing open and honest communications
- Questioning and listening skills
- Planning and conducting a structured, balanced and participative discussion
- Review of current compared to previous performance
Managing the Performance
- Providing evidence
- Dealing with conflict
- Addressing issues of poor performance
Setting SMART objectives
- Adopting an Assertive and Confident Appraisal Technique
- Interpersonal skills within the appraisal interview
- Inspiring confidence in the appraisal
- Overcoming resistance and handling unco-operative individuals
- Completing the appraisal document
- Using positive and action promoting language
- The Follow-up Process
- Identifying areas of concern
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Who should attend
This is an essential introductory course for anyone involved in and new to the recruitment and selection process or those with experience wanting to brush up their skills.