Prof. Ashok Banerjee joined the Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta (IIM-C) as Professor (Finance and
Control) in August 2004. Prior to joining IIM-C, he was a professor at IIM-Lucknow. He has been the Dean (New
Initiatives and external Relations) of IIM Calcutta. He is a Postgraduate in Commerce from University of Calcutta and a
qualified Chartered Accountant. He obtained his Ph.D. for his research on Economic Value Added as a Performance
Measure. Prof. Banerjee teaches Corporate Finance in the first year, and Corporate Restructuring, Trading Strategies
and Quantitative Applications in Finance in second year of the Post Graduate Programme at IIM Calcutta. He also
teaches Empirical Finance and Corporate Finance in the fellowship (equivalent to Ph.D) programme. Prof. Banerjee is
currently the faculty-in-charge of the Financial Research and Trading Laboratory of IIM Calcutta. He was instrumental
in starting the International Finance Conference in 2009 at IIM Calcutta. The conference is now rechristened as
India Finance Conference and is organized jointly by IIM Calcutta, IIM Bangalore and IIM Ahmedabad. He has
published many articles in various journals and business dailies. He has two published books in the area of Financial
Accounting to his credit. Prof. Banerjee has presented papers in various national and international conferences. He
has also participated as resource person in various Management Development Programs.
*Journal Publications: *
- Soumya Guha Deb, and Ashok Banerjee, Downside Risk Analysis of Indian Equity Mutual Funds: A Value at Risk Approach, International Research Journal of Finance & Economics, Issue 23 (2009), 216-230
- Soumya Guha Deb, Ashok Banerjee, and B.B. Chakrabarti, Persistence in Performance of Indian Equity Mutual Funds: An Empirical Investigation, IIMB Management Review Vol 20. No. 2 (2008) 172-187
- Ashok Banerjee, Managing Risk in Mergers and Acquisitions, The Journal of Accounting and Finance, Vol. 22. No.1. Oct-March 2008. 64-69.
- Soumya Guha Deb, Ashok Banerjee, and B.B. Chakrabarti, Market Timing and Stock Selection Ability of Mutual Funds in India: An Empirical Investigation, Vikalpa, Vol 32. No. 2 (April-June 2007) 39-51
- Soumya Guha Deb, Ashok Banerjee, and B.B. Chakrabarti, Value Premium in Indian Equity Market: An Empirical Evidence, The Icfai Journal of Applied Finance, Vol. 12, No. 12, December 2006. 41-60
- Ashok Banerjee and Neeraj Dwivedi, L&T: Restructuring Cement Business, Asian Case Research Journal, Vol. 9, No. 1 (2005) 83-115
- Ashok Banerjee and Malay Bhattacharyya, Price Relationship between Index Futures and Index Spot: evidence from India, Indian Accounting review Vol. 9. No.1 June 2005 1-17
- Ashok Banerjee and Sayantan Banerjee, Availability Based Tariff: An Economic Instrument for Grid Discipline, Economic and Political Weekly, Vol XXXIX, No. 35, August 28, 2004. 3939-3946.
- Ashok Banerjee and Malay Bhattacharyya, Measuring Operational Risks of Banks: An Overview, The Journal of Banking, Information Technology and Management, Vol.1. No.2 July-Dec 2004. 3-15
- Malay Bhattacharyya and Ashok Banerjee, Integration of Global Capital Markets: An Empirical Exploration. International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance, Vol. 7, No. 4 (2004) 385-405.
- Ashok Banerjee, Real Option Valuation of a Pharmaceutical Company. Vikalpa, Vol 28, Number 2, April-June 2003.
- Malay Bhattacharyya and Ashok Banerjee, Determinants of Capital Structure- Revisited Empirically. The ICFAI Journal of Applied Finance, Vol 7, No 2, April, 2001.
- Ashok Banerjee, Linkage between Economic Value Added and Market Value: An Analysis. Vikalpa, Vol 25, Number 3, July- Sept. 2000.