This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
Serving Toronto & York Region-based ventures, this incubator program for small business offers an intensive 16-module session during which accepted entrepreneurs will participate in lecture-based learning, seminar training, deliverable milestone, peer workshops and mentorship by subject matter experts.
- Visioning, ideation and inspiration. Environmental Scanning: Looking at Market Opportunities and Social Challenges
- Marketing and Sales Strategy. Marketing Mix. Branding.
- Business, Strategic Planning and Modelling. Defining a Business Model
- Operations: Build a solid work plan of achievable tasks. Non-For-Profit Organization Structure. Managing For-Profit and Non-For-Profit Organizations. Budgeting NFO
- Financial Projection: A Monetary Interpretation of the Strategy and Operational Plan. Sources of Funds.
- Raising Money and Relationships with Investors and other Money Providers
- Main Legal Forms of SMEs and their Differences. Building an Organizational Structure. Major Powers in a Corporation.
- Marketing and Promotion in a Digital Era.
- Pitching Business Proposals & ‘Friendraising’
Who should attend
Individuals who are creative, ambitious, professionally-driven and have an innovative idea for a company or not-for-profit in any industry.
- Ventures will be considered at any stage from seed to early growth;
- Ventures operating in Toronto or York Region
Trust the experts
Biography Mark is a professional leadership consultant and trainer with extensive experience facilitating teams and relating to the psychology of human dynamics in the workplace. He has led major organizational change initiatives for diverse clients including GM, Sears, General Mills, CN, Domtar...
Biography Alan is a recognized expert and consultant on strategy planning and communication, having taught thousands of managers since 1992. He is the author of The Alpha Strategies, Understanding Strategy, Risk, and Values in Any Organization. Alan is a lawyer by training and Honour Roll Member...
Mark is a leader in both European and North American training, with a solid track record of lecturing regularly at the UK's top universities including Oxford and Cambridge, and academies, including the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA). A highly distinguished and internationally awarded perfor...
Biography Marat Ressin has led a 20-plus-year career as an internationally successful entrepreneur in business and real estate development. After completing his PhD in Economics with a specialization in “small business crisis management,” Ressin gained extensive expertise in growing small busine...
Oleg is a program director, business adviser and instructor at the York Entrepreneurship Development Institute (YEDI) and the founder/owner of a management consulting business – AOCS. He has a background and wide experience in senior management within the high-tech industry (computer hardware an...
Sanjay J. Dhebar
Biography Sanjay has a diverse background that includes various commercial management roles for both start-ups and established health-care companies. Prior to that he worked at a Toronto-based advertising agency. Over the last six years he has been a facilitator at the Schulich School of Busines...
Biography Chris Irwin is a Principal at Measure of Success Inc., a consultancy that partners with organizations to support, monitor and improve performance by clarifying priorities and aligning activity. He also teaches negotiations and stakeholder management in the MBA program at Schulich Schoo...
Biography Jessica Langer is a PhD-educated veteran marketer and a social media obsessive since the days of Prodigy and 1200 BPS modems. In 2011 she founded ideas in flight, a social media and digital marketing consultancy that specializes in strategy, training and implementation for small- and m...
Biography Andre Serero is an expert in strategic leadership, organizational design and talent management. He also teaches at the Ted Rogers School of Management and previously served as executive vice-president of CTVglobemeda Inc., providing strategic counsel to the CEO and senior executive tea...