XMKT-717 web and Mobile Design and Usability
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with School of Continuing Studies.Full disclaimer.
To say that web design has evolved over the past five years would be an understatement. The introduction of HTML 5, responsive web design for mobile platforms, changes in design paradigms, and a shift from on-premise to software-as-a-service platforms have left many marketers behind. This course is designed for students to examine the fundamentals of web design usability with a keen focus on current and emerging trends.
Upon completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Explain core concepts of user centered design for websites and mobile applications
- Explain core concepts information architecture and user data storage
- Apply components of the user centered design strategy and document functional user requirements
- Create a demo application that applies principles of user centered design
- Identify core components of a measurement strategy to evaluate user engagement
Other courses you may want to consider
NICF- Design Secure Mobile Architecture
As mobile adoption grows, so do security threats. Mobile devices are already an essential tool carried or worn by users worldwide and displacing conventional computers for everyday needs. With the number of smartphones and tablets on the increase, attacks on mobile devices are maturing. Gartner predicts that the focus of endpoint breaches will shift to smartphones and tablets in this year.
Mobile devices are affected by a range of security vulnerabilities, many of which are inherited from traditional attacks against web and desktop applications. However, several other classes of attack are specific to the mobile area and arise due to the way in which mobile applications are designed and the relatively unique entry points and attack surfaces that these applications create.
This course provides a technical review of the top security risks and controls to the iOS and Android mobile platforms, mobile apps development and integration to the enterprise that every IT professional needs to know.. By combining lectures with discussion and hands-on workshops, the course prepares the mindset of participants to review the proposed mobile security architecture for businesses.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Review mobile platform and mobile development components to identify key threats and vulnerabilities
- Identify potential threat events and vulnerabilities in integration between the mobile app and the enterprise components
- Analyse adequacy of security controls built into mobile architecture
- Develop report detailing security design and considerations for the mobile project
What Will Be Covered
- Overview of Enterprise Mobile Security
- Mobile Platforms Security
- Mobile Apps Development Security
- Mobile Application Integration and Management Security
Who should attend
This course is targeted at IT stakeholders (e.g architects, decision makers) who are engineering secure enterprise mobile architecture.
Participants should have some software design and development experience