XFIN-656 - Financial Modeling in Excel
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with School of Continuing Studies.Full disclaimer.
The objective of this course is to introduce students to the current practices in financial modeling and data analysis. Students will learn how to manipulate financial data and how to perform analysis using various analytical tools. This hands-on course provides the skills to apply the theories, concepts, and tools to develop spreadsheet knowledge that is used for effective financial analysis and decision-making. Students will learn how to build their own interactive financial model “from scratch” to practice blending finance, accounting, and Excel skills. In addition, this course focuses on developing spreadsheet skills for financial statement analysis and forecasting, stock and bond valuation, target capital structure estimation and capital budgeting. Particular emphasis is placed on the discounted cash-flow analysis as well as simple and multiple regressions.
Upon completion of this course, the successful student should able to:
- Evaluate balance sheet, income statement, and statement of cash flows relationships.
- Build a quick discounted cash flow (DCF) analysis.
- Build simple models for financial statement analysis and forecasting.
- Create working capital, depreciation and capital expenditure schedules.
- Perform sensitivity analysis to match expected financial performance.
- Utilize strategies for creating a reliable financial model.