About the course
This class will concentrate on advanced tools used to detect fraud. The emphasis will be on computer assisted forensic techniques. Statistical techniques, data quality/integrity, and computer recovery methodologies will be reviewed.
At the completion of the course, a successful student will be able to
- Explain the complexities of finding fraud in a computer-based environment.
- Describe the six activities of a computer forensic expert.
- Be able to provide instructional guidance on methods for conducting a data examination on a financial system (i.e., to have executable knowledge to lead an data examination).
- Describe the storage structure of relational databases (table/file, field, record).
- List and explain the five types of legal evidence.
- Describe the chain of custody and best evidence rule.
- Describe the five differences between Computer Assurance and Crime Scene Investigation.
- Explain the difference in processes for computer recovery and data quality integrity.
- Define manual controls and automated/computer controls.
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.