XCPD-502 International Marketing Management
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with School of Continuing Studies.Full disclaimer.
Through a combination of case studies, lecture, and simulations, you will learn to develop marketing strategies appropriate to a dynamic and challenging global marketplace. The primary focus of the course is developing and implementing product, pricing, promotion, and distribution strategies for global markets. The course also covers entry strategies and best practices for conducting market research studies.
Upon the successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Analyze market viability of global markets to make go/ no-go decisions
- Identify the advantages and disadvantages of various market entry strategies
- Analyze the challenges that globalization creates in creating and implementing a global marketing plan
- Apply the market research process to foreign markets
- Adjust the elements of the marketing mix (e.g. product, promotion, place, and price) to attain a long-term competitive advantage in a foreign market
- Craft a comprehensive marketing plan to enter a foreign market and measure results
International Marketing for SMEs
The rising opportunities and threats placed by growing a business internationally makes the skills of the international marketer critical for business survival and with the changing world, businesses need to think differently about international marketing as something which can both include Europe and the rapidly growing economies further afield.
- Be able to conduct an organisational self-assessment relating to marketing Internationally
- Assess attractiveness of markets both from a business and from a marketing perspective
- Understand International Market environment analysis
- Learn about international competitive analysis and identifying competitive advantage
- Develop International marketing strategies
- Learn about market entry strategies and new ways to enter markets
- Learn about the modern International Marketing Mix
- Identify factors affecting international product and service management
- Learn about digital marketing and communicating Internationally
- Understand how to identify partnerships, alliances and how to go about creating them
- Be able to implement and track successfulness of implementation
- Practical tips and guidance for organisations off all sizes including SMEs
- Case studies included throughout
Who should attend
This course will be beneficial for all companies of all sizes and who are either in the process or considering expanding operations abroad or want to explore the possibilities of internationalisation. It will also benefit companies who have some experience in operating internationally but want to enhance and update their international marketing capabilities and skills.