XCPD-444 Essential Facilitation Skills for Consultants and Leaders
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with School of Continuing Studies.Full disclaimer.
Today’s collaborative business environments require strong facilitation skills in every role – especially consultants and change leaders. They must be able to lead groups through sometimes intense conflict and difficult, sensitive issues. Participants will integrate theory and practice as they learn effective facilitation skills in a safe and challenging experiential learning environment. This course will give participants simple models for understanding what’s really going on in very diverse groups and elegant strategies for transforming resistance. Students will get plenty of practice dealing with their most challenging group situations and a simple facilitation template that can be applied in any situation.
Upon completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Recognize and address dysfunctional teams
- Lead groups through conflict situations
- Apply specific approaches to resolve common group obstacles
- Build personal leadership presence and confidence
- Understand effective group and team behavior
- Enhance group creativity and alignment
- Lead and collaborate with highly diverse groups
Design and manage facilitation processes that will ensure successful outcomes and gain the commitment of all those involved.
It's becoming a crucial skill for managers across the organisation to underpin facilitation processes. Also, it's a useful addition to the skill set for anyone leading focus groups, research, and for those who want to work with their teams in a different way.
Achieving successful outcomes through effective facilitation has never been more important. You may need to run a meeting, a training course, solve a particular problem, gain consensus to a course of action, or mediate in conflict. Facilitation Skills is a highly interactive one-day course that will help you to design and manage processes that will ensure successful outcomes and to gain the commitment of all those involved.
- Identify the key task for effective facilitation
- Use facilitation skills to achieve optimum results
- Confront and overcome difficult situations
- Evaluate the outcomes of the facilitation process.
- Context: what is facilitation?
- Key tasks for effective facilitation
- Using facilitation skills to achieve optimum results
- Confronting and overcoming difficult situations
- Evaluating the outcomes of the facilitation process
- Review, reflection, action planning and evaluation.
Who should attend
Facilitation skills is an essential skill for anyone working in the field of learning and development. It is also an extremely vital skills for managers across the organisation, and can be a useful addition to the skill set for anyone leading focus groups, research and for those who want to work with their teams in a different way