Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with School of Continuing Studies.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Today’s collaborative business environments require strong facilitation skills in every role – especially consultants and change leaders. They must be able to lead groups through sometimes intense conflict and difficult, sensitive issues. Participants will integrate theory and practice as they learn effective facilitation skills in a safe and challenging experiential learning environment. This course will give participants simple models for understanding what’s really going on in very diverse groups and elegant strategies for transforming resistance. Students will get plenty of practice dealing with their most challenging group situations and a simple facilitation template that can be applied in any situation.
Upon completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Recognize and address dysfunctional teams
- Lead groups through conflict situations
- Apply specific approaches to resolve common group obstacles
- Build personal leadership presence and confidence
- Understand effective group and team behavior
- Enhance group creativity and alignment
- Lead and collaborate with highly diverse groups