About the course
Coaching is a dynamic and evolving profession and like all professionals, coaches must be sensitive to and stay aware of ethical and legal issues that could impact their work. In this course, we look at coaching and ethics using a granular perspective, examining real life situations that coaches have had to negotiate.
Participants will conduct a thorough analysis of the resources that guide coaches – the Code of Ethics and the Core Competencies. This analysis of ethics and coaching is interactive and participants are encouraged to bring their real life lessons for discussion in a safe and confidential environment.
At the conclusion of this class, participants will have a clear understanding of the importance of ethics in the coaching profession, concrete examples of how ethics plays into coaching relationships even before a client decides to hire the coach and tools to ensure their coaching practice remains ethically sound.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Develop an ethics framework and identify resources to ensure a sound coaching practice and advance the integrity of the profession.
- Understand and integrate the ICF Code of Ethics' standards in your coaching practice, especially coaching agreements with clients.
- Identify and navigate ethical challenges present in the practice of coaching.
- Identify the key stakeholders in the coaching environment, including internal and external coaching engagements and have the ethical guidance to foster professional relationships with them.
- Coach to and offer perspective to ethical challenges brought from clients to session.
- Remain centered and present with clients when presented with challenging coaching situations and base decisions on the ICF Code of Ethics and your own ethics framework.
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.