XCOA-912 - Polarities in Systems and the World
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with School of Continuing Studies.Full disclaimer.
The third session will focus on cultivating the capacity and skills necessary to lead change at the organizational and cultural level. Students will use the paradox lens to explore questions such as: How does a leader, coach, or practitioner support those who are attempting to manage polarities within their organization? How can polarities be used to propel organizations and change efforts to higher levels of effectiveness? How do you use polarities to reduce cultural tensions in teams and in the organization? How do you increase the organization’s capacity to embrace diversity and include contradictory points of view?
Participants will work with real life case studies that allow them to deepen and expand their ability to see polarities at play within a system and learn relevant facilitation and coaching techniques that take into account polarities at the organizational, cultural, and societal level. The final session will build upon the previous two sessions with the applied focus of working with polarities in the context of leading change.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify and “see polarities” in teams, organizations, and cultures.
- Lead change at the organizational and societal level through polarities.
- Support leaders who are attempting to manage polarities in their organizations.
- Introduce polarity theory as a leader, coach, or practitioner.
- Reduce tension in teams, organizations, and society using polarities.
- Implement diversity and inclusion strategies at the organizational and societal levels with polarities.