WSQ Manage High Vacuum Technology
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Nanyang Technological University Center for Continuing Education.Full disclaimer.
Vacuum Systems are widely used in the precision engineering and manufacturing industries. The benefits and applications of vacuum technology are obvious. Less obvious are how these systems operate and how they are maintained. This course, therefore, is designed to familiarise participants with the essential understanding of how to design, operate and maintain vacuum systems.
The High Vacuum Technology course relates to all personnel needing to design, operate and maintain vacuum systems. The course will assist them to better manage vacuum systems resulting in improved performance, quality and cost.
- 1.To learn the essentials of vacuum technology
- 2.To understand the production of vacuum
- 3.To know the working principles of the different types of vacuum pumps, instrumentation and control of vacuum systems
- 4.To operate and maintain vacuum systems
- 1.Know the definitions, concepts and functions of vacuum systems
- 2.How to integrate the different types of pumps and accessories to form the necessary vacuum systems
- 3.How to troubleshoot problems in an ineffective vacuum systems including safety procedures
Understand the basic Gas Laws and the type of Gas Flow
- Understand types of Pumps and their characteristics and safety procedures
Understand Types of Vacuum Pumps
- Understand low and high vacuum systems
- Understand the Dos and Don’ts of system integration
Understand Vacuum systems and performance
- Clean Vacuum Pumping methods in Getter and cryopumping.
- Understand how accessories such as jigs and fixtures can be designed for the vacuum chamber.
- Understand the different types of materials and how they affect the ultimate vacuum.
Understand the complete vacuum system concerning its performance, sequence of operation, safety procedure and troubleshooting.
- Understand the need to clean and maintain.
- Understand when to observe safety procedures.
- Understand the need to troubleshoot vacuum problems especially leaks and system not attaining the ultimate vacuum.
Who should attend
This course is suitable for those who are involved in the design, operation and maintenance of vacuum systems including the following professionals:
- Engineering Manager
- Production Engineer
- Maintenance Engineer
- Process Engineer