Writing an Integrated Marketing Communications Plan
This course will help you plan integrated marketing communications that deliver. Marketing communications, whether above or below the line, cost time and money. This workshop will show you how a well thought-through communications plan, which demonstrates how all the tools, techniques and media will work together to drive the customer journey, will ensure your resources are used effectively and efficiently.
- Understand why fragmentation of the communications industry requires an integrated approach to communications planning.
- Use a simple, six-stage approach to planning.
- Set organisational (business), marketing and communications objectives that work together and can be measured.
- Adopt an approach to thinking about how your audiences perceive value and how this can be used to shape your value proposition.
- Use your value proposition to determine positioning and messaging.
- Select communications tools and media based on their merits, your objectives and your constraints (such as budget).
- Measure the performance of your communications using outcome metrics and return on investment criteria.
Who should attend
You may have specialised in one communications discipline and now need to take an overview. Perhaps you have moved to a managerial role and now need to create your first plan. Or maybe you have been planning communications for some time and simply want to reflect on your approach and gain some new ideas.